ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Cliosport Owner, Plymouth

172 Sport
Hi guys (and girls),

Newbie alert, bought myself a 172 this week after a long long search. I am from Plymouth (although home is Basingstoke/guildford) and work at a Renault main dealer.

I'm new to owning Renaults (this is my first) but certainly not new to this genre of car, having had 205GTI's, 306's etc and having just come out of a full stage 2 Audi A3 track car.

Here's the car (after a 6 hour paint correction taking up my day, looked like it had never been polished!) -

20120318_124709.jpg

20120318_124751.jpg

20120318_150803.jpg

The car is 100% totally standard, and that's how it'll be staying. I'll be doing some of the little bits that I need to do to make it perfect, but it isn't far off mint as is. I have test driven several, and this one was not only the cheapest (by some margin) but also the best drive, the most history and is a one owner from new car. So it was a win win! I was actually looking for an E30 BMW but after a test drive of this one I couldn't say no.

Anywho, see you in the forums.

Jardo

Clio mk2 172
Hi and welcome I might see you around as I'm up in Plymouth a fair bit. you bought the right colour too ;)

172 Sport
Hi and welcome I might see you around as I'm up in Plymouth a fair bit. you bought the right colour too ;)

Agreed, I love the color. Nice and understated :)

Have done a few little bits today, and purchased a couple of goodies. I've already broken my standard rule with a nice carbon airbox (I don't expect it to do anything other than look good) a stubbie aerial and a set of nice Clio-Sport fitted mats.

I have bought myself a DA as well today so will be giving it the full monty machine polish on Thursday.

Enjoying the forum so far, some good posts on here and some real gold if you dig through. I like it.