ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New club member!

Clio 172
After hiding in the shadows and using the search button to death i have become a full club member!

Here is my 172 that i, for the sum of £300, inherited off my gf after she bought it with a destroyed engine so that she could have the seats for her 1.6 cup rep.

I decided i'd take it on as a little bit of a project and got hold of a new engine on 58,000 miles, belts, tensioners, dephaser, w.pump, clutch etc and after getting it trailered back to a friends set about replacing the engine on his driveway over the winter!
After a few cold weekends and frozen fingers we got it all back together and started on the key first time!!

As the shell was on 114,000 it was obvious there would be a few bits that needed replacing so i freshened all the engine mounts, ball joints and freshened up the interior a bit. I managed to get a set of seats from stowmarket with a ph1 flamer? Aswell as that it had a leaky damper and the exhaust had seen better days so got a ktec stealth and some ap coilovers.

Oz f1's were off someone local that i straight swapped for the standard wheels, the colours only temporary until i get them refurbed...Anthracite/silver?

Let me know what you think. :cool:

IMG_0571.jpg
IMG_0653.jpg
clio 2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 47
Sounds good, should have done a project thread with pics! not too late if you have got pics, would be interesting to see.

F1's in anthracite would be nice I think.

Clio 172
Thanks, I wish i had taken more pics but as i did it all on a friends driveway i only have the one just before the engine came out...would love to do it all again in a unit and have all the time i needed...Just gonna enjoy it for now. :)

Clio 172
Well i have got one silver wheel of shame as one was bent but the colours growing on me, just a pain to keep clean!
Aha heres her car.
IMG_0347.jpg
IMG_0349.jpg

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182
So many from Norwich on this thread. We need a small Norwich meet I think!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Best colour there ;)

Make sure you get it on the rollers at our RR day in Oct, details in the local meets section.