ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Coilovers and a wash n wax

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
Just fitted my new FK coilovers from the group buy that russ sorted out! I decked it on its arse to begin with which made it scrub like a b**ch at the front so i raised it up a little and it still scrubs a little but only when i throw it into corners.

clio6.jpg

clio7.jpg

clio1.JPG

clio2.JPG

clio3.JPG

clio4.JPG

clio5.JPG

Another thing that i noticed is that the back wheels have loads of camber! Is this usual when you drop it on coilovers???

Massive thanx to Russ @ GasPerformance.co.uk for sorting out the group buy and bringing um down to me while i did his dash! & Jamie for givin us both a hand doin the dash lol.

Cheers, Jaffa182

the backs not scrubbin and the coilovers have camber correction on them at the front. Am goin 2morra to make sure the front is set up properly.

i dont mean scrub on the arches lol, i mean the inside will ware out quicker than the outside at that angle, iirc

Looking for a Mk1 Clio?
Looks nice and smart bro... nicely done.

How muc hwere the coilovers in the group buy, if you dont mind me asking?

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I would check the nearside for rubbing in the arch as part of it will be metal....not so kind on the tyres.
Looking very good alround;) I must have ago at that carbon rear trim in the bumper.
Btw....which head unit you got???...is it a Kenwood.....was wondering if you got a decent sat nav signal with the antenna on the dash??

ST
Defo one of my fave 182's!!

Love the carbon insert in the rear bumper.

Did your 182 have cup suspension before you put the coilovers on??

The head unit is the pioneer avic-x1bt, and the mobile phone holder is a sony ericsson 1.

Yeah the car had the cup suspension and the coilovers didn't fit 2 well cos the bolt offsets where wrong but i re-drilled the coilovers and they fitted fine.

I put them badges on cos its a vvt engine, i think they look pretty cool.

Thanx for all your replies glad you all like it. I should be coming to some of the meets pretty soon so you can all have a closer look.

Cheers, Jaff

S2 106 GTI
sweet looking car ben! sounded very nice before!! didn't notice the new sport badge on it though! how blind am i, nice meeting you :)

good hols ben??

Glad your happy bud, looking superb, spot on height. They have camber adjusters built in so you can get them set up perfectly.

One of the nicest 182's ive seen, yummy!

PS: Needles need you.........

good hols ben??

Glad your happy bud, looking superb, spot on height. They have camber adjusters built in so you can get them set up perfectly.

The holiday was mint cheers mate! Pissed as fook lol.

I'll get to work on gettin them needles red mate. Am goin 2 see combine 2day to pick up some turinis up so i'll see wot i can do over the weekend with the neddles.

Russ have you taken any on your arch liners out??? Dus it scrub much??

Cheers, Jaff

good hols ben??

The holiday was mint cheers mate! Pissed as fook lol.

I'll get to work on gettin them needles red mate. Am goin 2 see combine 2day to pick up some turinis up so i'll see wot i can do over the weekend with the neddles.

Russ have you taken any on your arch liners out??? Dus it scrub much??

Cheers, Jaff

good good.

backs fine, front catches a little, im gonna higher it a bit this weekend. not too much tho....

the chrome body ones, as in Silverline and Silverline X wont do this.

The price tho is far more, as for the ride, everyone knows its a firmer ride, hence why i went for the Konigsports with Koni inserts so i can adjust this.

You get what you pay for tho, and these are a good price for coilovers