ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New cup bonnett

I was driving along last week on a dual carriageway and a Lorry I was overtaking had most likely just been on a building site. Either way, a stone/ chunk of concrete bounced out from one of its wheel arches, skipped straight across in front of me before bouncing and hitting almost dead centre the front lip of my bonnet. The stone then went clean over the top of the car. The resultant damage is a cluster of deep scratches and a very significant dent that effects the central crease of the bonnett. My suspicion is that a professional panel beater may struggle to get it back looking as good as new since the dent has distorted the crease and it will also be difficult to get to the reverse of the dent as it is within the dual layered front portion of the bonnet. Therefore, I fear I might be looking at needing to buy a new bonnet. Any ideas how much a new Cup 172 bonnet would be plus fitting? I didnt get a license plate number for the truck before anyone asks.

Nippy white cup

Mine is covered with stonechips and dents so as soon as I can Ill be getting a carbon one...think it really suits the Cup

Chris

MKIII 138

how much weight does a carbon bonnet save in kgs compared with the 172/cup metal bonnet with sound dedening ?

So it seems the carbon bonnet is getting a lot of support? How much for one of those vs a straight cup replacement from Renault? Any pictures of a cup with a carbon bonnet?

320d

A carbon bonnet will be cheaper than getting a new bonnet from a Renault dealer

Get one from a scrappy any mk2 bonnet will do then youll just need to get it sprayed at a back lane body shop

There was one in my local ads paper for £25 in perfect condition - its just a matter of looking about