ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Cup - Time to change the oil

Just a quickie to say hello :)

Got a new cup last week and still running her in - well sort-of, done 1200 miles in 8 days!. So much quicker than the old pug... Can anyone tell me if it is best to do an oil change now before it gets a good thashing?

Lee

BMW M2C

Hi Si

I took it easy to 625 miles, then started to push a little harder. By 1000 I was driving it normally.

Ive done around 2300 miles now. I was thinking Id book it in for an oil and filter change around 3000 miles.

God knows how youve not thrashed it yet after doing that many miles :)

Um well, I may have pushed it a little....

Had switch fault with it when it arrived, so they said they would probably change it for me for nowt, fingers crossed anyway.

Cheers for the advice SI

Trophy

Im changing mine at 4,000 miles.

Dash,

It has been on back order for 6 months, theres a big waiting list for it.
People at the front are selling theirs for upto 4 times the RRP!!!

Mat.

Clio v6

If I could get my hands on a few gallons I could make a tidy profit I reckon.

I suppose it can only be used in a Cup though ?

How much lighter is the Cup oil?

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 26 April 2003

If I could get my hands on a few gallons I could make a tidy profit I reckon.

I suppose it can only be used in a Cup though ?

How much lighter is the Cup oil?
RAOFLMAO ;)

yeah I only use johnsons baby oil in my cup.. and I skip breathe to help with the weight (Im a diver so I have a head-start over the rest of you landlubbers)

LMAO @ mrdemon..........and for those who were been serious I had my oil changed at 4500k! Apparently the oil in the Cup from new is not fully synthetic for running in reasons then when you have it changed they put fully synthetic in! Hope that helps!

I get the impression that adi clio 16v fancies his red beast against one a Cup!:D

williams and trophy

abbs mate adis car , along with both my williams and craggys vts n paddys 172 would cane a standard cup

as was proved at york last week hehe

the only guy that can compare car for car between mine and a cup is dave hocking hehe ask him his opinion lol

Yeah yeah Im bored of these silly threads.....Paddys is standard any way isnt it...not that it bothers me as all this bickering is childish...and who said anything about been standard;)

And i think your choic of words is a little extravgent....cane I think not....run close maybe...but not cane!

williams and trophy

only a fairly modified cup beat my time at york on monday mate

the rest of them were about 1/2 a second down.....and in a 1/4 mile strip thats quite a distance for the supposed new king of hot hatches to be beaten by a 9 year old standard clio

paddys is exceptionally quick for a standard 172.......the fastest iv raced anyway. i think even craggys standard saxo vts beat most of the cups on time

Sorry but i was led to believe that Craggys Saxo wasnt standard anymore hes had a de-cat pipe put on and some other stuff!

How many cups were there last week? Maybe just maybe there may be exceptionaly fast cups out there in a similar vain to paddys!

I think this constant mine is better than yours is boaring and RSC take the pi*s out of us lot for it..I like all clios and have done for years now and it just so happens I have a cup which looks the dog boll*cks and thats not open for debate!

And before you jump in with both feet i like Willys tooo........the cars that is!