ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Engine!

Just been told by the Garage that i Need a New engine in the Clio as mine has gone due to the oil not getting though to the Engine!

Any Ideas?

Ye geta secnd opinion maybe the engine can be saved. Also why did it fail did the last garage service it incorrectly if so then you sould be able to get them to pay 100% of the costs for a new one.

Least if you need a new engine you can use it for an excuse to get a more powerful engine ie 1.4 1.6 or 2liter (GTT for ultimate power though and dump valve noises) or a nice economical diesel.

EDD

same thing happened on my 16v on sunday, the oil pump went so no oils getin through, the cost of fixing it just isnt worth it so i need a new engine 2

Quote: Originally posted by madmat on 12 November 2003

same thing happened on my 16v on sunday, the oil pump went so no oils getin through, the cost of fixing it just isnt worth it so i need a new engine 2
unlucky mate - strange tho in all the time ive owned my valver ive never read a post here to suggest there oil pump had given up the ghost. Did u not get any signs before it went... ie low oil pressure?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Either your oil level was low or in poor condition.any mechanical failure causing loss of oil pressure would have brought the oil light on+you have a pressure gauge on a valver anyway.If the engine is turned off as soon as it loses pressure then there is a good chance you can repair it,if it is kept running then its had it.

No the pressure was fine, then the engine started making some dodgy clankin noises and the pressure dropped suddenly, the oil light didnt come on untill the pressure had gone completely. The oil was checked b4 we set off 2 and it was fine. We didnt lose any oil either.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

If it was noisy and it suddenley lost pressure then it sounds like a big end bearing or an end cap has collasped/broken.it must have been worn to do this and so it probably would be easier to fit a recon engine.if you fit new end bearings then the crank would need regrinding and the engine is probably worn out in general anyway,more economical to fit a recon unit.

I took my car to Renault few months back, was running like a bag o dirt!

They told me £3000 new engine.

I got a second opinion, £450 for head gasket problem solved!!