ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Exhaust and 24k Service!! HOW MUCH?

MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
I am due a 24k service and probably a new standard exhaust - i was just wondering roughly how much it will cost, im going down to mike at rentech for the service and will probably get him to replace the exhaust

would be good to know how much extra cash to bring for the exhuast

cheers

duncan

Last edited:
the standard exhaust is about 120 quid from reno, i got mine from a company called part solutions, owned by reg vardy, and it was only 100 quid, the reno garage wanted the extra 20 quid for shipping it from part solutions to their garage, about 3 miles away!!

Ian

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
but the renault sport one is a reno only part, there are no pattern parts out there?

MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
how much is a stainless exhaust and would i have to tell me insurance that i have modified the car?

cheers

Duncan

BMW Z4 3.0i
Cost of a s/s exhuast depends on the brand and where you buy it from. Yes you would have to tell your insurance company and yes they will increase your premium.

Golf R/Leon FR
a prospeed custom exhaust is about £280, a magnex is a round £315. but definately go stainless

BMW Z4 3.0i
Not everyone can afford it. 172 insurance is steep enough without adding mods. Personally I can't justify throwing away any more money on insurance for the sake of a meatier exhaust note. Cos if he's got a standard 172 then that's all he'll get.
OK lifetime guarantee with but
a)insurance costs
b)s/s costs more
c)how many standard exhaust system is he gonna get though before he sells the car anyway? 2?

Ive stuck a k-tec stealth system on mine and i think its mint sounds the part and doesnt look w**k. not told my insurance as its almost standard in appearance i think it was £280.

MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
im going to do that i think andy, might as well get the k-tech, it will be hard enough to tell the difference specially since its hidden.

how did the k-tech sound and was there any power increase?

cheers

duncan

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I had a powerflow exhaust on my old 172 , looked exactly like the original renault exhaust . Stainless , cat back £270 fitted .Sounded good as well :)
You can choose what back box you want , how loud you want it .
You might see a couple of bhp over standard but won't make any noticeable difference to your speed .

http://www.powerflowexhausts.net/

MrBillyUK !

Turbos.
Sorry to hijack but you say a service is due at 24k? Is that a set date by Renault or are you just getting it serviced because you want to?

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Service intervals are every 12k or two years, so whichever comes first.

So 24k likely to be based on milage :)

Worries me poeple don't know their own service intervals!