ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New exhaust time?

Clio 182
Hey guys!
Just looking for a bit of advice tbh. I *think* my exhaust has started "knocking" recently. Actually, it's quite a lot of "knocking" lol. I have an 05 plate 182 with 53,000 miles on the clock. Anyway, I need to sort it I think.

I would quite like an exhaust that's a bit...louder...but not really loud! Just a bit more noise when at higher revs, not when doing 30/40mph etc. This possible?? I've had a quick look around at K-Tec etc, but they're all really far from me and I don't want to travel that far tbh. My Dad is a mechanic and can fit the exhaust so it's not labour costs i'm worried about.

Advice? Prices, places, noise of exhaust?

Laura x

Bumder With A Buffer
Well I have the Yozza Race system and FINALLY today put the de-cat on...all I can say is WOW! What a noise! Going to be the estate bad-boy methinks!

The Yozza exhausts for the 182 are good :)

S4 Avant
You can have a look at mine at the Matlock meet, blueflame cat back system with decat. Unfortunatley it sets off car alarms.

I've heard the janspeed systems are good though, and not too noisey?

Clio 182
Thanks Dave! That'd be useful. I'd like to see/hear a few before I decide! How much was yours? And where from?

S4 Avant
Thanks Dave! That'd be useful. I'd like to see/hear a few before I decide! How much was yours? And where from?

Bought it cheap off schweppy on here, plus a drive down to Bristol. Then fitted myself, in quite an elaborate way.

Clio 182
Yeah, don't want it really loud... just a bit of sound! Especially at higher revs... is this possible or are they loud all the time? (Sorry, i am new to this!!)

Titanium 182
Janspeed or Scorpion 192 exhaust (ebay the scorpion one)

Those are the systems that are quiet but get a decent sound at high revs.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
If you fancy a trip to Newcastle to see the sights (or the Metro Centre) for the Day check out AAS exhausts. Had mine done a month back nice purposeful sound to it and not stupidly Max Power/Fast Car/Boy/girl Racer loud just a nice sound when travelling around. Done with a single rear silencer in the same configuration as orbisund. However you need to book in advance and total cost is £525 !! but they supply the brackets so no shopping around for new ones and its fitted and done in a day.

If you can fit it or know someone who can then probably order a Milltek at about £325 ish. Yozza is a bit loutish judging by the videos on Youtube

182 - conneries de c
I would say go for a Miltek exhaust. Not too loud but not too quiet.

At low revs and idle a nice little burble but you can hear it when you put your foot down. Also doesn't drone when on the motorway and you can still have a conversation.

They also look and fit nice.

Got mine from K-Tec for about £360 and got it fitted locally.

GW 200
I'm in the same boat as you Laura, I'm after a new exhaust for my 54 182. I'm after something that sounds nice on start up, idles quietly and isn't loud when you pootling about, but sounds sporty and rasps when you cane it. I'm not after anything that sounds like it came off a 19 year old's saxo!

I'm interested in Yozza, K-tec and janspeed at minute. Didn't think much to the sound of the scorpion. Heard a milltek the other day on a 182, sounded ok but a bit too "boomy" for me. Not sporty, just loud and monotonous. Nice, but not for me.

182,mx-5 mk1,mev sonic 7
i tried contacting yozzasport through their homepage and on here asking about their exhaust but heard nowt back :(

GW 200
delcbr - I posted a question in his exhaust group buy thread asking him for any decibel ratings at idle, any revs etc so we could get an idea of the volume. But not heard anythig back. Surely he must have decibel ratings ???