ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New family wagon.....

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Well car has been dropped off for her gearbox replacement. Roll on Friday!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
This will give you guys the s***s! Bill so far...... £3600 for refurb gearbox to be fitted, £1500 for new intercoolers, £800 for new cambelt, £1000 for new discs and pads, and £300 for 1x cv boots, and 1x front ARB. So total so far........ £7200!!!

This will give you guys the s**ts! Bill so far...... £3600 for refurb gearbox to be fitted, £1500 for new intercoolers, £800 for new cambelt, £1000 for new discs and pads, and £300 for 1x cv boots, and 1x front ARB. So total so far........ £7200!!!

Yep thats RS6's for ya .............. try a gt3 gearbox rebuild after driving it from Nottingham to home ...... by the time you have stuck a clutch in your looking at 8k ..... ask gt3 owners and they admit that 30k is common for needing a rebuild .......

nice cars = big bills ....... have to say i was stunned how cheap the clio was to do a load of work on .

This will give you guys the s***s! Bill so far...... £3600 for refurb gearbox to be fitted, £1500 for new intercoolers, £800 for new cambelt, £1000 for new discs and pads, and £300 for 1x cv boots, and 1x front ARB. So total so far........ £7200!!!

Out of interest, what were you expecting?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Out of interest, what were you expecting?

All of it minus the intercoolers so not a big deal. If I'm honest I it would of been nice if they could wait another 3 months but s**t happens.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Gulp . Nice car , I think I'd cry if I got a 7k bill. But I guess gearboxes are not cheap!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Got the car back last night so gave it a good clean. Interior is done, just need to give the leather a 2nd round of conditioning next weekend. Exterior needs some more work but not fair off, pics are a bit crap but you will get the idea!
CIMG8265_zps8c164d74.jpg
CIMG8256_zpsb8c49e65.jpg
CIMG8257_zps13aa27f8.jpg
CIMG8261_zps8f1ac9c3.jpg
CIMG8263_zps763c53cd.jpg
CIMG8258_zps93da3c15.jpg
CIMG8258_zps93da3c15.jpg
CIMG8261_zps8f1ac9c3.jpg
CIMG8257_zps13aa27f8.jpg
CIMG8255_zpsf1bb9f82.jpg
CIMG8257_zps13aa27f8.jpg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
7 grand bill.. Is that really worth it? Ouch

Yes, I could of spent 13k on a slightly newer RS6 with 20k less on the clock and still be walloped with these bills in 6 months. I paid peanuts for the car so for 13k all in I have a maintance free car for 12 months, 2 year warranty on the box, and zero issues. Will be trouble free motoring for a while! They went over everything with a fine toothcomb as per request from myself.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Oh I thought the rs6 would have carbon as standard like the rs4 I know the carbon is an option on s models like my s4, the rs4 carbon is different to the s4 carbon too as its special... I wouldn't mind a c5 rs6 but would take a saloon I think just to be different lol, though would always want the c6 rs6 lol,tbh the c6 s6 is nice for c5 rs6 money now, if not less!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
That is seriously nice! Least you can enjoy the car now, if you can afford the fuel after that bill!