ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New French Car

Fiesta ST Stage 3
leading on from this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?714212-New-car I picked up my new car last night .

Could not me more far apart but fits the bill that I was after well .

I know no one likes them so flame suit is all on and ready so please feel free to insult at will :)

Peugeot 207 GTI with Octane pack

WP_20140722_0011_zps3dd82e75.jpg

WP_20140722_0021_zps0e0d6bb6.jpg

WP_20140722_0031_zps9f8f900d.jpg

WP_20140722_0041_zps418fe939.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice seats!

Can't say I have an opinion really, don't really know a single thing about them!

Does it go OK?

What engine's in it?

Edit: just checked, 1.6 turbo with overboost...so it'll be close to 200bhp I'd have thought?

Clio 172
Iv been in a 208 1.6 HDI Envy. Decent enough work horse of a car but nothing special. The seats in the GTI are smart. What are these from standard? 170bhp? And whats the Octane pack when its at home?

Jack

PS, that paint needs a good mop and it will look really smart!

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Good car just got flamed for not being a 205 GTI and being a bit dull to drive. A good driver will find fun in anything. Engine has a good torque spread from when I looked into these. Engine was a joint venture between PSA and BMW. People are too easily swayed by the press.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah more like 175 BHP and 200 LB/FT .

Its the BMW Mini cooper S turbo engine in it .

Drives well not great feed back but more of an all round car with lots ok kit .

Regards

Alan

Nice seats!

Can't say I have an opinion really, don't really know a single thing about them!

Does it go OK?

What engine's in it?

Edit: just checked, 1.6 turbo with overboost...so it'll be close to 200bhp I'd have thought?

Fiesta ST Stage 3
175 BHP and 197 LB/FT

Octane pack is

Dual C/C
Rear parking sensor
Cruse control
Auto wipers and lights
Directional headlights
Auto folding mirrors
and some other bits

Iv been in a 208 1.6 HDI Envy. Decent enough work horse of a car but nothing special. The seats in the GTI are smart. What are these from standard? 170bhp? And whats the Octane pack when its at home?

Jack

PS, that paint needs a good mop and it will look really smart!

I like the seats. A lad local to me used to have a nice looking white one.

I wouldn't touch anything with that engine though personally.

Passat 170 DSG Wagon
I looked at one of these as it's a lot of car for not much money but the engines reputation spoiled it for me. Only met one person with the same car and he was having coking issues. . .

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I want your seats.... I've got a 207 HDi GT so similar spec but Diesel.

As said they are a decent enough all round car but like you say steering feedback is lacking somewhat.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
My parents had a bogo spec 207, for whatever reason. Wasn't a fan. I find the interior odd. Everything about the car is big, then you step inside and there is tiny wee door handles and miniature heating controls. It's just bizarre.

Worked for Peugeot selling these a few years ago. Not a bad car, nowhere near as focussed as the RenaultSport offerings but I like them. Engine performs well despite being susceptible to a few niggles. Would like a drive of one with the handling tweaked, bet it could be a weapon properly set up with a set of coilovers, ABR etc. Lot of car for the money.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah I have no doubt that the thing will break at some point .

The engine problem was mainly done to the cam chain but this was replaced 1000 miles ago .

The seats are good mind

Alan

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Those seats look lovely.

It will be interesting to see how you get on with this, I quite like them looks wise, no idea what they drive like though.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
It does everything well but nothing amazing I would say .

People will not like the steering feel and the breaks are a tad over servo but power full .

It just fits what I need at the moment and the engine is a cracker ( when its not throwing up fault codes lol )

Alan

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yes there are some faults that can happen :)

I did a lot of reading in to it and the most common is the timing chain ( this has bee changed ) but other things throw up the De pollution light like plugs , coil pack o2 cat etc .

Alan

Are you actually aware of all the common faults? If you wrote them down it'd be thicker than the bible.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Few service bits arrived today and a new K & N panel filter .

Have just looked at what remaps are on offer and flashremapping can do this for £ 220 taking the car to 200 BHP and 234 LB/FT .

Might think about this after a few months .

Alan

Listerine & Poledo
Looked at these a while back, but couldn't see any benefit over the 172 I had (other than a slightly lower tax band)
Still, if I was in the hatch market and saw one with a full warranty, it'd be high up the list

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Some more pic after a quick wash only .

WP_20140726_0011_zpsea2e4df5.jpg

WP_20140726_0021_zps76eeb504.jpg

WP_20140726_0031_zps55fcb2e6.jpg

WP_20140726_0041_zps2e9c83b3.jpg

305 mm front disc

WP_20140726_0051_zpse391f56b.jpg

and one more of the seats :)

WP_20140726_0061_zps0201f055.jpg

Got the Oil and filter changed but did not get time to change the spark plugs and coil packs and air filter .

Alan

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Well not really the BOV is playing up and putting engine lights on . Car still drives fine but will order the VW replacement one .

Also will be de coke my valves and fixing the problem with the rubber bung from Peugeot at the week end .

Alan