ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new gear knob insert

got myself a smoothed one and as people have seen i got some decals made up

finally had an opportunity to get it sorted and have fitted it and also lacquered it,much better attempt to than previous ones,looks a much wetter look than i usually get.did silver as it goes with my AIRBAG decal which is also silver.

DSC00317-1-1.gif

opinions please :)

you can also see my other trial fitment on the wood :eek:

i just used normal lacquer that i bought from halfords in the end hence why you can see one stuck down in the background,tested on that left it overnight and was fine so i lacquered this one and is fine,doesnt rub off either :)

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Thats good to know, I'll stick mine on soon and lacquer over it aswell then :D

i had them made up locally,see my for sale thread

i dont want this to turn into advertising however so please pm if you wish.
also sorted out my isofix bar today as i managed to snap the head off one bolt :mad: what a b*****d is all i can say

i hope you did plenty of layers of laquer... i know you said the vinyl doesnt rub off now, but give it a while of having your hand all over it and they'll soon start to wear. I would do 4 or 5 coats to be sure.

looks great though... but why gold?

it isnt on yet,i have done 2 so far but i just wanted to show how it looked,more layers will be done tomorrow.

done a lot gold,i know not many people will like the colour but i do.
i have gold calipers and exterior badges,gold dash strips and gear knob insert,its nice and suttle