ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New gearbox in my Cup

7500 miles and my Cup is in for a new gearbox !! Should they do the clutch at the same time ??

Also having £400 worth of paintwork to remedy a few paint faults the car came from the factory with.

The dealership is investigating the suspension kncoking sounds at low speed and on full lock.

I love this car to bits but wondering what will go wrong yet, thank god for the 3yr warranty !!

Abarth 500

Unlucky with the gearbox. My clutch went at 2500 miles and its heading up to 5k now so Im a bit worried...

Theyre rewarding when theyre working which makes it even more painful when theyreaway from you. Having said that RUK are sending me a cheque for £200 for my inconvenience (I had the shame of driving a courtesy car for two weeks...) so I cant complain too much!

Have been offered £300 plus paint work to be corrected. Basically the whole rear nearside needs painting, dont think I brand new car should need so much paint, so want a replacement. Ive also have had loads of other things wrong with it all at delivery, plus now got a small knock from the drivers side front when i stop or start. Seeing a solicitor monday cause im so hacked off with it, whats get me that im not a one off its seems that Renault have a poor quality of build plus such a poor attitude to such problems.

Mat i would keep making a fuss only way to get somewhere as Renault UK have loads of complaints so are used to people complaining.

Really should write to Topgear get everyone with a Cup (I know 172 have problems but all the same car, same colour etc would look great all lined up) with problems should go one to make a point as Renault dont listen to anyone.

Mines going back in on the 21st.

Got brake fluid leaking onto the exhaust manifold and when the car is in gear with the clutch depressed, press the throttle and when it reaches about 5K the car lurches forward.

renault wont fit a new clutch unless its broken if you wanted a new clutch fitted you would have to pay for it There is a renault tec note about knocking from front suspension they should know about it

172, Tiguan

the suspension knocks on my clio, not a cup or 172 but is a mk3. They passed it off as a broken engine mount the first two visits. They replaced that (so they said) but still get the noise. Problem is with Renault service its a case of 1 step forward 2 back. When your stuck at work all day its difficult to get anything sorted out. Pain in the arse.

For example the front seat runners collapsed, booked the car in telling them of the problem- had to wait three weeks for an appointment. car went in. collected end of the day to be told that relevant parts wernt in stock, therefore had to wait another three weeks for an appointment for the parts to be fitted...........

......i could go on with other problems but i wont!

CTR EK9 turbo

tell me about it im on my third gearbox and 2nd clutch.......

didnt think there was anything wrong with the clutch, but its nice when they tell you its broken and i got a whole new one fitted for £80 including VAT and fitting.

Its not just cups its all clios, my 1.2 16v dynamique billabong has had a whole host of faults, the bonnet has been resprayed, the sunroof has been repaired twice, both the electric windows were faulty (Renault replacing the whole of the inside of the drivers one next week), the engine kept stalling, and badly hunting when started, dash rattles, clutch pedal and cable replaced as it creaked and was loose, judder from clutch which the dealership say they cant feel, but both me and my girlfriend experience it!

I love the car, but I didnt expect this many problems from a brand new car, I sold my mk2 Punto because that had loads of problems like the bulkhead splitting causing soggy carpet syndrome, the headgasket going at 25k things like that, now im worried my Clio will be the same, thank god for the three year warranty!!!

Why did the seat runners collapse? Mine need replacing on the passanger side as the seat moves in its position very slighty,but enough to worry me if someone was sat in it and I crashed.

I love the car so much,but its always at the back of my head "whats next"!

he he Had a Williams 3 7yrs ago and that was w**k compared to the Cup !

Engine is out at the mo and the dealer says just the gearbox costs £2g !!

J.

172, Tiguan

Sorry, seat runners collapsed when i went to lift the front seat forward to let someone in the back. Seat then wouldnt click back into place and was therefore floating around it took them weeks to get me in the garage - had to drive the car for three weeks with a completely loose front seat! Was Fu**ing dangerous, but the service department werent interested!

Go to Airbag/service warning light thread for the latest problem on my car..... as someone else said its like waiting for something to go wrong!