ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New guy. What clio?

Mazda 3 MPS
Hey people.

I currently own a Fiat Punto which is very slow and uncomfortable.

I'm thinking of buying a 2007 1.6 VVT Dynamique S in a couple of months. I can't get insured on a 197 just yet. Only looking to spend around £5.5k.

What do people think of this engine? Does it have many issues? I hear a lot of bad things about the timing belts etc on them.

Yeah just after some advice really.

Cheers.

Timing belt will only failed if it's not changed on time or if the proper tools are not used. If it's an 07 plate it won't need a full service until 2012, which is circa £350 on the older style K4M's/

Mazda 3 MPS
Thanks but no thanks lol.

Are there any better models that I'm missing out? As I say RS insurance is too much atm.

Mazda 3 MPS
I'm just after some more performance really. I hear that the clios are very good for road/wind noise. Is this true? And id like to stick with petrol as I only do short journeys atm.

Megane 225 F1
Seriously. Buy mine and then buy all the parts im selling sepratly and then you can end up with this.

P1000312.jpg

P1000296.jpg

Nice amount of power for a small engine, handled like a dream. What more could you want from a non RS.

CLIO 182
I am going to get flamed to hell and back here but..........

Consider a Fiesta? If its a non sport your looking for just now, then its a much better car. In just about everyway possible.

Flame away! :/

Nimbus 197, Ph1 172
Why not buy a cheaper mk2 RS, then spend a bit more on insurance? They are better on fuel than the mk3's, and you'll have a lovely chunk of power.

Fiesta ST2
hey mate I had the 1.2 TCE and a friend has the 1.4 they where both the same power wise and fuel wise. It'd be better if you could to get the 1.2 TCe and get a proper remap for it it wont be just as powerful as the 1.6(should bring it up to 120/125 bhp) but it should have better MPG (weigh over power type thing). the Dym S has the flared wheel archs and the 16s as standard the SX has the full SX kit. there is also a 2.0 138bhp non sport (Ithink its 138) but these are pritty rare!

Another option is a Citroen C2 VTS? Thats what i got because i couldnt afford the insurance on a Clio RS. You could buy a decent one and pay off the insurance with 5.5k. Its also probably the fastest 1.6 you can get. Except for the old 106GTI and saxo VTS.

Mazda 3 MPS
Because I like the shape of the newer one. I'm thinking of getting a Grande Punto T-Jet as i've always had a soft spot for one and they have boost =D

Stagecoach Ticket
small engine turbo cars are pointless bad on fuel no real gains to be had from 1.2 turbos etc just more hassle

As above the zetec S is a much better buy for that price range more features better on fuel quicker better looking
If it was me i would consider alot of other similar cars before looking down the mark 3 non sport range.
abit older but maybe a mark 4 1.6 fsi golf? 5.5k would get u a mint low millage one with change?

j

Stagecoach Ticket
Another option is a Citroen C2 VTS? Thats what i got because i couldnt afford the insurance on a Clio RS. You could buy a decent one and pay off the insurance with 5.5k. Its also probably the fastest 1.6 you can get. Except for the old 106GTI and saxo VTS.

good point sir