ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New here - Looking to buy!

Focus ST
I will probably end up getting a second set for winter, 2118s would be my preference. I would like a silver set.

To be fair, I only need rear access for the dog to chill when she’s out with me 😂 She doesn’t like the boot lol.

Focus ST
Ok so had a chat with the seller last night. The car is getting booked into Rensport with Kris Dark on Monday to get all belts done and a once over to see what else, if anything, is needing done.

Taking away from anything “mechanical” that needs done, I’ve already compiled a list of what I’ll be doing when it gets picked up.

Front grille is faded so it’ll need painted probably. Will try some good quality plastic treatment first.

Looks to be missing the rear exhaust trim. Where’s the best place for a carbon one ? PMS probably ?

Carbon washer blanks too and maybe mirror caps / bullets if it doesn’t look too much. Where’s the best place to get all this sprayed stuff nowadays ? Used to be spray shack the last time I lurked here.

Needs a steering wheel or retrim. Hear a lot about “snappy” but couldn’t find a website / Facebook page. I like the look of the Ktec racing ones, £280 seems reasonable? Not looking for anything particularly out there or special, black leather with black stitching and perforated thumb grips I think will do just fine.

Under the bonnet has a blue induction hose and Samco coolant hoses.Think I’ll get the upper inlet polished (how easy to remove ?) and get a painted engine cover in blue to match.

Rear bench replaced with the half leather and front seats I would like treadlines if a decent set come up at a reasonable price. If not I might look at other options that recline and allow rear access. Open to suggestions ?

Sorry this has went on a bit. Will update more as I have feedback from Rensport and eventually pick up the car.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Nice purchase, looks a good base and getting belts done before you even get it is ideal, piece of mind!

Presume you are chap on Facebook groups too who has his answer for carbon (carbon skins) and wheel refurb (snappy)? I have used both those for my stuff and wouldn't use anyone else, both offer great services at fair prices and superb results. both provide work second to none ime

Trendlines and leather rears work well, I have that setup in both my cars. I love the trendlines, many think they offer less support and comfort than stock seats but for me they are much better. I cover 15k+ a year and long commutes sometimes too and never fatigue despite pushing on towards 40 now.

Top inlet comes off easily enough, just be methodical and ensure when you refit you don't clamp or catch the HT leads as it can kill them and cause a misfire. I painted my top inlet recently with some aluminium look paint, I didn't actually take any pics and haven't even looked since but think it came out okay. Other car I had them vapour blasted which puts them back to pretty much factory finish, however needs to be maintained thereafter unlike paint. I also had my paint guy paint me an engine cover as I painted one myself and it was a bit,,,,rustic!

Anyway, enjoy the car, you must be getting giddy now like a kid at Christmas!

Focus ST
Nice purchase, looks a good base and getting belts done before you even get it is ideal, piece of mind!

Presume you are chap on Facebook groups too who has his answer for carbon (carbon skins) and wheel refurb (snappy)? I have used both those for my stuff and wouldn't use anyone else, both offer great services at fair prices and superb results. both provide work second to none ime

Trendlines and leather rears work well, I have that setup in both my cars. I love the trendlines, many think they offer less support and comfort than stock seats but for me they are much better. I cover 15k+ a year and long commutes sometimes too and never fatigue despite pushing on towards 40 now.

Top inlet comes off easily enough, just be methodical and ensure when you refit you don't clamp or catch the HT leads as it can kill them and cause a misfire. I painted my top inlet recently with some aluminium look paint, I didn't actually take any pics and haven't even looked since but think it came out okay. Other car I had them vapour blasted which puts them back to pretty much factory finish, however needs to be maintained thereafter unlike paint. I also had my paint guy paint me an engine cover as I painted one myself and it was a bit,,,,rustic!

Anyway, enjoy the car, you must be getting giddy now like a kid at Christmas!

Yeah that’s me! Snappy said to give him a shout again on Friday (presuming he’s busy) and I haven’t reached out to Carbon skins yet cause someone messaged me saying they have dipped billets and an engine cover, so trying to do a wee second hand deal first.

Yeah I just like the look of the Trendlines. It’s a weekend toy and will probably never see a track so not concerned so much with support.

I’m actually thinking of doing a bodge job and just getting my dremel with polisher attachment out and just polishing up the bits you can see😂🤷‍♂️ Or is that lazy ?!

I cannot wait to pick it up, I’m hoping it’s ready this weekend cause the Mrs is about to run me down. It’s about a 200 mile drove each way for us. If I don’t get this weekend then I think it’ll be another couple weeks cause I’m super busy right now so would struggle to commit a day! Despite wanting to lol

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Dremel the inlet? That's probably the most labour intensive way of doing it 🤣. Buy a spare and send it somewhere for vapour blasting or have it powder coated and just swap them over.
As for carbon dipped parts, just no🙈.

Clio 197
I was looking at getting a RB 182 but at 6k I can buy two 197s! Couldn’t justify spending stupid money like that unless I won the lottery. Good to see you found a car, would be nice to see a progress thread at the end.

Focus ST
I was looking at getting a RB 182 but at 6k I can buy two 197s! Couldn’t justify spending stupid money like that unless I won the lottery. Good to see you found a car, would be nice to see a progress thread at the end.
The prices on them are madness. I understand trophies being expensive, but not a normal RB.

Yeah there will defo be more project related posts in here when I collect. So far it’s just been a thread full of chat 😂

Clio 182
Hi Guys,

long time lurker, first time buyer.

I’ve owned a few performance cars,VXR, fiesta ST and just got rid of my Focus ST.

In the market for a 182, would prefer FF in inferno or RB. But really I’m just looking for a nice clean example with good service history, belts done etc and maybe a few mods.

Been looking for about a week now though and I cannot for the life of my tick all those boxes ? Are good examples just quite rare now or am I looking in the wrong places. Been on here, Facebook pages, marketplace, eBay. So far I’ve found 2 that kinda tick those boxes and the seller hasn’t responded.

Anyway, back to the hunt.....

Hi, I have a Clio 182 in Black that I would like to sell to an enthusiast to get it back to working order. It's listed in the Cars for Sale section 🙂