ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New here! Pics of my clio! + crash:(

04 1.2 Dynamique
Hey people, Just joined thought I would say hi and show you some pics of my Clio. It was a 1.2 16v dynamique with some nice subtle mods, used to look like this!
100_0413.gif

gleamin.gif

3869648513a4523015959b241040600l.gif

However a taxi driver decided that my car didn't deserve to exhist anymore and turned it into this:dapprove:
100_0479.gif

100_0474.gif

Im waiting on his insurance and im thinking of going for a 1.4 16v this time. Any thoughts or tips on this would be appreciated! If ya's wanna see anymore pics before or after crash just give me a shout coz i've got plenty..
Cheers, Ally

jeez! Make sure you write down exactly what happened! taxi drivers are notorious for trying to get out of blame. Looks like he really smacked you one! Everyone ok?

04 1.2 Dynamique
Oh don't get me started on how sneaky they are!! At the crash he accepted full responcibility for everything... Made me feel happier at the time and gave me no reason to keep any witnesses (which there were) or even get details from them... Of course when police came i mentioned that its ok he accepted the blame, they were confused as he had told them it was all my fault! :mad: So now my insurance says it will be a minimum of a further 6 months before settlement and ive already been waiting over 2! :( Also it will most likely be a 50/50 split for the 3 write offs and pole i ripped clean out the ground!

Oh don't get me started on how sneaky they are!! At the crash he accepted full responcibility for everything... Made me feel happier at the time and gave me no reason to keep any witnesses (which there were) or even get details from them... Of course when police came i mentioned that its ok he accepted the blame, they were confused as he had told them it was all my fault! :mad: So now my insurance says it will be a minimum of a further 6 months before settlement and ive already been waiting over 2! :( Also it will most likely be a 50/50 split for the 3 write offs and pole i ripped clean out the ground!

s**t! have they paid you out yet?

04 1.2 Dynamique
Nope thats what i'll be waiting 6 more months for.. Plus they will also want my £750 excess and the remainder of my years insurance at about £1300 :(

they are taking the piss mate!! My car is going into the garage on Tuesday for a new bumper after someone clipped it in a car park. The third party havent even spoken to their insurers yet - This happened over a month ago! - so liabillity hasnt been sorted, but insurers have waived my excess and its all being sorted as my insurance company are on MY side.

Who you insured with?

04 1.2 Dynamique
Diamond under my mums name.... got my own policy with endsleigh now though on a different car.

Good luck getting it sorted mate, dont pay them a penny though. If they have declared your car a right off they owe you money and can deduct whatever you owe them off that!

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Hope all the mods etc were insured etc then! Also it can be a bit of a dark area when you're insured under parents names.

Looked nice before though!

How come the buttons have come out from the dash?

04 1.2 Dynamique
Good luck getting it sorted mate, dont pay them a penny though. If they have declared your car a right off they owe you money and can deduct whatever you owe them off that!

Thanks for that mate.. I know thats what im frightened of deductions from my payout lol. would take it from there valuation of £4300 to £2200

04 1.2 Dynamique
Hope all the mods etc were insured etc then! Also it can be a bit of a dark area when you're insured under parents names.

Looked nice before though!

How come the buttons have come out from the dash?

Yeh the mods are cool with them although i want bits back!
the buttons are out because i had to remove my £300 headunit with no tools when i had it pretty securely fitted lol....

Thanks for that mate.. I know thats what im frightened of deductions from my payout lol. would take it from there valuation of £4300 to £2200

unfortunately mate there is not getting out of it! you have to pay excess as liabilty isnt settled and by the sounds of it they wont be doing you any favours, and with the admiral group (admiral, diamond, bell, elephant and a ouple others I think) If your policy is ended early for ANY reason, you still are liable to pay the entire premium!

04 1.2 Dynamique
That is a bit of a gutter, especially seen as i only had about 2 months cover from a policy that costs over £1600:( is there no way round this? Also would u know how their injurys payouts work and be able to tell me how much i will recive ?

If its a 50/50 then no. Also being 50/50 you wont get injury payout as there is no one to sue!

Basically you need liability to be agreed against him. That way they will waive your excess, they can sue him for personal injury and if you have legal cover than they will sue him for unisured losses which includes the rest of the premium that you havent paid!

04 1.2 Dynamique
I do have legal cover! I really hope he does get the blame.. If its a 50/50 split is there anyway to take the case to court or would this be pointless?

if your insurance company agree a 50/50 they probably wouldnt take him to court. though i am pretty sure YOU have to agree to the 50/50, if oyu dont as you have legal cover I am pretty sure they will take it to court. If you can take him to court I'd do it as you will probably find he'll back down before it gets there once he knows you intend to!

:( sorry to here about your car, just got mine back on monday after a nasty taxi driver
took the n/s 1/4 panal out.
:nono: BLOODY TAXI DRIVERS!!!!:nono: