ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New here with a clio Diesel.

Clio 1.2 dynamique
Hi everyone- Hope it is okay to join cliosport with a non sport clio.... its a 1.5 DCI (simply for the MPG)

Some may recognise my username from Twingo133.net, I used to drive a twingo extreme but had to get rid of it to buy a house (ouch, deposit!)

I now drive a 10 plate 1.5 DCI clio I music - I am currently working on getting rid of the wifes beloved scenic (hers is not the manky red one in the photo) to swap for a Mk1 172 (The dopey eyed one) - These shape clios were both of our first cars, so a quick one would be brilliant to have!

I have had a rather French car history - Il post some pictures on here once I find some!

For now - here is my clio how I got it.

Blackberry9780604_zpsb23eb961.jpg

And I have changed a few bits and bobs (better image to come)

changes , although very small.

Twingo GT alloy wheels
vinyl wrapped the lower number plate valence
Removed any god awful I music badges from it
removed the clio badge from the back
coloured the Renault badges and wingmirrors dark grey.
Yellow fog lights added

More to come soon hopefully!

Shropshire-20140214-00146_zps0dd83735.jpg

Clio 1.2 dynamique
Thank you - As promised I have managed to find pictures of my rather uneventful car history (if a bit muddled) Hopfully the next image will be a 172!

First up was a Renault 4 1.4 campus I learnt to drive in
oldphone190_zpsfd09b00a.jpg

That then died so got replaced as my first real car with a 1.2 clio grande (on 157000 miles when bought)

oldphone007_zps79cd26e9.jpg

Not surprisingly that didn't last very long with the miles it had, tight times meant it was replaced for a cheap and cheerful saxo 1.4. (only picture I have is when it ended up in the scrap yard - GF at the time blew the clutch learning in it)

nokia2011016_zpsea872c0e.jpg

got my second clio another 1.2 grande (POWER!) (kept that one in the family when sold - hence the front wing of my Twingo behind it)

nokia2011063_zpsf8b95174.jpg

Next clio - 04 Dynamique 1.2

camera038_zps1d5ab6ab.jpg

Then my twingo

nokia3003_zpsc3536b3e.jpg

Sold the twingo for a house deposit and replaced with a sportka (nice car, shame it was made of rust)

Blackberry9780280_zpsac2be3cf.jpg

Sold the KA for a scenic as I wanted something safe for my daily commute - The ka just felt like a complete death trap and cost a fortune in fuel.

Blackberry9780570_zps5093e683.jpg

Then the wife kept the scenic when we needed a second car for work so I got a 206 my brothers wife had in a barn for 2 years- Got used as our wedding car oddly!

AMP-155_zps44ff719c.jpg

Then finally the clio I have now - the one in the original post. Sorry if that was the most boring car history on here - But I like having a look at all other folks images on here so thought I would share :) Not the biggest car history, but I have only been on the road for 6-7 years :)

Clio 1.2 dynamique
It is a DCI 86 - got a bit of poke when it needs to, but nothing on a 2.0 172/182 I should imagine. bought it from my sister who was trading it in - It was fun in the first week trying to get it going - Chucked black smoke out everytime I floored it - she never drove it quickly and only local miles on it.

The Renault 5 was a brilliant car - in the family since almost new, then traded in against my brothers Citroen C1 under the scrappage scheme a few years back (2008?) - Looked brilliant but was completely shot underneath - Had two pages of the old style Mot advisory notices!

Love the colour of your 172 arg_carra - What is it called?