ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New hobby : old build threads

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I've been on the Saxperience forum for many years, there is nobody there (at all, genuinely no one). I have even offered to pay the owner to keep the forum, even though it is dead. It's pretty tragic. Me, I mean.

In lockdown, I started reading old build threads on there, as far back as the forum goes.
My hobby then extends to searching the MOT history and seeing if they are sorn etc in the present day.
I might then check and see when that user was last online. It's like a perverse family tree of saxo ownership.

I think I started in 2003 and am now reading a build thread from 2011. Any threads where pictures/links have expired, I just skim. But I've been going great guns since March 2020.

Here's a VTS turbo build from 2011, that I've got to, for example http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404609

Do I have a problem? does anyone else do this? PM if you'd rather not disclose.

Edit: anyone have any good ones, feel free to share. x

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
They really did ruin it! Kind weird to think you used to upload to photo bucket, then link it across.

Got loads of project threads from many of my cars documented online if you wanted some more.

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
On the Metro thread you’re straight in with saying the bodywork isn’t bad for 13 years old. It’s absolutely rotten. Good effort with it though.

Off topic but how did Photobucket ruin threads? I used to use it before.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
On the Metro thread you’re straight in with saying the bodywork isn’t bad for 13 years old. It’s absolutely rotten. Good effort with it though.

Off topic but how did Photobucket ruin threads? I used to use it before.
It really wasn't for a metro, mine was significantly better than some I'd seen.

The condition of the paintwork was excellent too as there wasn't a single dent on it.