ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New interior fitted at last so I killed a VRS to celebrate :D

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Well, killed is a strong word, so maybe annihilated would be better :rasp:

Love the manual rack, covered almost 300 miles on it and it's much more manageable now I've gotten used to it.

New brakes make a f***ing racket, clanking and rattling in the calipers, and squealing like nothing I've ever heard before.

Racing seat and steering wheel are spot on...maybe need a few minor tweaks to the seating position, but the gear lever's within easy reach now, and having the wheel so close to me is perfect.

VRS was up for a play, had a few miles of roundabouts and dual carriageway before he moved over - seemed chipped as was rapido.

Videos here;

Short version

Full version

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lay off the pies Sussex and you'll hit the 200mark! ;)

I couldn't drive it with the squealing tho!!!

Last edited:
  Nippy white cup
I've no sound at work so can't see what revs etc you are at but it looks like you pass him too easily to be remapped....there was one at Oulton Park (on my vid just before I spun lol) and you can see me catching him...maybe when I changed to 4th I might have come past quicker or maybe the aftermarket exhaust releases a few more ponys. Looks good tho m8..can't wait to get my new wheel!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've no sound at work so can't see what revs etc you are at but it looks like you pass him too easily to be remapped....

This was after about 5 miles of roundabouts and dual carriageways, so I think he 'allowed' me to get past quickly. Earlier on...on some footage I can't upload, he was much harder work.

Ali? Wuss.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I've no sound at work so can't see what revs etc you are at but it looks like you pass him too easily to be remapped....

This was after about 5 miles of roundabouts and dual carriageways, so I think he 'allowed' me to get past quickly. Earlier on...on some footage I can't upload, he was much harder work.

Ali? Wuss.

Without a shaddow of doubt! lol ;)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Steering looks really heavy when you're pulling off :p
What size tyres are you on?

1.8 8v RSi
ok someone explain to me why new brakes are squeeling like some worn brakes. i really dont get it.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
ok someone explain to me why new brakes are squeeling like some worn brakes. i really dont get it.

There are no spring clips or shims to hold the pads in place in the calipers, they're a loose fit, clanking and rattling around in the caliper over every road bump.

Until they get hot that is, then they expand, fill the caliper, and stop clanking.

So while they're cold, and being use lightly, they vibrate and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal.

1.8 8v RSi

There are no spring clips or shims to hold the pads in place in the calipers, they're a loose fit, clanking and rattling around in the caliper over every road bump.

Until they get hot that is, then they expand, fill the caliper, and stop clanking.

So while they're cold, and being use lightly, they vibrate and squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal.

ok im following now.... cheers for that usefull info:)

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
lol liked the face as you passed...as if to say not bad. Least you gave him the thumbs up.

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
I followed a vrs a while back and was surprised by how quick it was. Apparently pretty rapid when chipped.

'51, 172
cant believe no-one has ripped him for the gloves yet. FFS!! or am i missing something and does everyone on here where ghey handgear?

VRS
cant believe no-one has ripped him for the gloves yet. FFS!! or am i missing something and does everyone on here where ghey handgear?

well seeing as mark spends every other day on a track i would say he's pretty much entitled to use race gloves :rolleyes:

MON

titty cup'd 182
Lookng very hardcore Mark, but should obviously be suited to the track. Mike offered me some carbon lorraines when I was in at the weekend, glad I declined, couldn't hack that on a daily driver!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

LOL

No power steering, a tiny 300 mm polyurethane (plastic) steering wheel, and sweaty palms on track? I'd be a liability without gloves!

Seeing as I need them on track I wear them all the time on road too, that way the car never 'feels' different between road/track.