ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New interior..no ph's

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
right then, here we go....

thursday it looked like this

IMG_0575.jpg

after stripping nearly all out on thursday and running out of time i re-visited my paints paint shop and set about final prep of the 172,

first of all i had to scotch the whole rear which was being painted, and then extra sand the old tar areas....

IMG_0576.jpg

IMG_0577.jpg

once this was done it went into the booth..

IMG_0578.jpg

drivers seat removed and the subframes taken out too, also to be painted matt black

IMG_0579.jpg

and then i didn't see it again til last night at about 4.00

IMG_0582.jpg

IMG_0584.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

well happy with choosing matt black, ties in with other parts on the car very well.

and then to the re-assembly, all new bits to go back in, we took our time on this and got it right, so in order.

first up, rear panels, (rear uppers, quarter panels and boot trim, then boot net)

up next the dashboard, flocked by getflocked, i had the whole topdash done and the steering column housing, the top dash was from a lower spec model supplied by joshydee at cliospares, it has the tray in place instead of the airbag, easy way of loosing that nasty gap.

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

next was the new carpet, this was from a lower spec phase 2 from joshydee at cliospares, well happy with this choice as it ties it in and looses the blue.

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

once that was done, the centre console and the handbrake cover went back on. these were trimmed along with the door cards by Stanley Trimmers.

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

then finally the door cards, trimmed by stanley trimmers, with flocked speaker covers from getflocked and new door handles from a lower spec from someone off here...

IMG_0596.jpg

and we were done at 9.30 pm...

to say i am happy with the result is undermining, it is awesome, the photos really don't do it justice..

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

the use of the black paint in the rear and the flocked dash has darkened the inside right up which makes it very very easy to drive in the dark, no glare at all......

all comments and opinions welcome...

full project thread here
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=309982

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Stunning...... Is the Semi Luxury Interior being done for the Puroposes of the Magazine you now work on or was it always your plan?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Stunning...... Is the Semi Luxury Interior being done for the Puroposes of the Magazine you now work on or was it always your plan?

door cards don't weigh that much, this car is used daily so totally stripping it is a bit OTT, although i can say i didn't really notice it that bad when driving it like it the past few days.

the trimming needed to be done to tie it all in, i couldn't have a black dash then blue door cards and blue carpet, nowt to do with the mag mate, but that helped...lol

cheers for all the kind words.

Petrol Blue 182.
nice, i really like that mate looks really good! parked bit close to that wall isnt it? lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
V nice Neil! Only thing that lets it down is the Handbrake lever. needs B&M too...