ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iphone 4 owner

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
After blinkered over the years by nokia owning 5146, 3310, 8310, 6310, 6230i, 6300, 6303 and quite a few in between I took the plunge and got an iphone 4 and to say im baffled is an understatment.

Can someone advise me on a decent basic start up guide as everything I seem to come across is jargon.

cheers

It's probably the most intuitive OS in the world. I bought my 70 year old dad an iPhone 4 and he was wizzing around it in minutes. No offence but are you a bit r****d? :eek:

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
It's probably the most intuitive OS in the world. I bought my 70 year old dad an iPhone 4 and he was wizzing around it in minutes. No offence but are you a bit r****d? :eek:

No offence taken mate, Im waiting on my computer gettin fixed so it hasnt been hooked up or anything downloaded just yet. Im reading through things without trying them out maybe thats where the problem lies. This jailbreaking thing is another point of confusion, suppose Il just have a crack at it and see how it goes when I get the computer back.

Bus w**ker
Yeah I'd at least use the vanilla OS before deciding whether or not you need to (or even can) jailbreak it.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I used to be really into jailbreaking/modding.

I don't even bother now, it's largely pointless since 3.0 for me, anyway.

I used to be really into jailbreaking/modding.

I don't even bother now, it's largely pointless since 3.0 for me, anyway.

Same. My original iPhone was busted wide open right from the very earliest software versions. I don't see the need anymore. Unlocked is good but you dont need a fancy crack to do that these days anyway, do you? Mine is unlocked anyway as I just bought the handset from Steve.

Mk2 Golf GTI
I think jailbreaking is well worth it. SBsettings and activator alone make it more than worthwhile for me.

Just silly little things like being able to skip tracks using the volume buttons, removing all background apps at the touch of a button, hiding certain apps (ikamasutra, lol) from the eyes of my little bro, having a fullscreen option for safari etc

.lockinfo is facking brilliant. I'd be lost without it now. Same for bitesms. Being able to reply to and even send new messages without leaving the current app.

And synchronicity. Actually being able to use the phone while it's syncing is great.

They may be little things but TBH they all add up to make the phone unbeatable. I doubt i'd be able to go back to the standard iOS now.