ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Just got home from arseing about from 6.30am. Got my lovely new 16gigger.

Itunes 7.7 installed, phone activated, im just off for a walk with the sattelite imagery gps navigation system. lol

lol @ dave the iPhone virgin.

Has anyone else changed their sim to a 3g sim? The phone might be subject to future errors if you use your existing one, i got the nice lady at o2 to port my number over to a 3g simcard.

Anyway, been up since 2pm yesterday (worked nights) so I'm off for my walk then bed. Night folks. Enjoy your new toys.

pmsl@ iphone virgin

Im up and running now, so its playtime :D

SLK 350
Right, what's the fking crack with this 3G. These tards didn't give me a 3G SIM and from what I can see my iPhone is currently only using EDGE.

Should they have given me a 3G card?!

Scartch that, on your SIM it will say if it's 3G or not as it contains '3G' in the number on the SIM.

Seems my area is down currently, just checked on UK coverage checker on O2 website.

How annoying!

SLK 350
Ok best thing about this I've discovered so far is how freaking loud it is compared to the iPhone V1.

All the apps (PhoneSaber) and music output through the loudspeaker MUCH better, no obvious distortion and it's now usable as a little MP3 jukebox where as the old one was too quiet IMO.

Goodness!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I find the V1 distorts quite a lot, especially at any kind of decent volume. Also during phonecalls the sound can be quite 'raspy'.

Revels Mum & Sister
Bugger I know the Yahoo accounts do PUSH. Guess I will have to get Mobileme until they decide to do so. Or until another App caters for it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Mobile me works, but i never use mac.com for mail.

Guess i will have to switch.

Tappd'd RS
Got the last one in my local CPW.

Shame I need to wait until 4.30 to get home and activate it :(

Last edited:
  SchwepTek™
Got the last 16gb iphone from the 02 store at the mall, bristol. They have 24 16gbs and hell of a lot more 8gb. Took them so long to sign up the contracts manually though. Anyway actually getting signal with theirs yet? lol.

None of the bristol o2 stores have been activated with O2 yet. :(

Oh and for those that said NO, i manged to get my John Lewis 30% discount via o2 open! :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Basically, they've stopped "normal" applications from running in the background, for imap idle (i.e push) to work, the application needs to keep a connection open to the imap server and issue the idle command every 'x' minutes this will only work if the app is running.

They have "push services" which is their solution which is what mobileme is using, but it's not currently "ready" for the rest of the world and details are sketchy as to what you can and cannot do....

Looks like my .mac/mobileme trial is going to end in a purchase.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Mines bust! :( taken it back and the guy said they've had loads back and fears they are all faulty!

just kiddin...!!!!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Quite funny, 2.0 is showing for the iPod touch....

...£5.99 and includes the january update which cost £13 on its own didn't it?

RB Clio 182
has anyone else got the error msg saying that the itunes store is currently unavailable when trying to update their ipod to the 2.0 software, cos mine has!

SLK 350
Anybody finding the 3G slower than expected?

Other thing annoying me is this touchpad lag typing into forms whilst listening to music!

I want one, but can I buy one SIM free? I have a work contract with vodafone so would want to just put my voda sim in it, is this possible?

Anybody finding the 3G slower than expected?

Other thing annoying me is this touchpad lag typing into forms whilst listening to music!

Everyone is using them right now.. it'll be slow all weekend until they get it out of their system.

Clio 1.5 dci
I'm totally pissed off now. Ordered with CPW online and paid £150 for the 16gb one. Got my email saying its instore. Happy days, or so I thought :D

Went to collect it at 12 and because I still have an old chip and sign card which I used online to order it they wont let me have my phone as "they can't verify my address" even though I have my driving licence and other ID. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The lad in the store is still trying to sort it for me.

Bugger

I'm totally pissed off now. Ordered with CPW online and paid £150 for the 16gb one. Got my email saying its instore. Happy days, or so I thought :D

Went to collect it at 12 and because I still have an old chip and sign card which I used online to order it they wont let me have my phone as "they can't verify my address" even though I have my driving licence and other ID. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The lad in the store is still trying to sort it for me.

Bugger

Same happened to a guy here. The CPW person rung them up and said you don't need to verify the chip and pin card, as the transaction was done online.. so.. Heh.

Clio 1.5 dci
Same happened to a guy here. The CPW person rung them up and said you don't need to verify the chip and pin card, as the transaction was done online.. so.. Heh.

I have been in the shop for 3 hrs and on with customer services etc and they reckon they can't override the computer system that releases the phone to me :mad:
At the minute they are trying to cancel my order then I can buy it straight from the shop. Idiots!! :mad:

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
What's the craic with ringtones?

Can you use your own mp3s?

nope not using the phone anyway apple make you pay for them ;)

however if you wanna do it the easy way, google iToner, you download it gets your playlists from itunes or u can drag and drop and it converts and sticks them on the phone.