ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
I cant be arsed to sit in front of the computer and read it all. Id rather flick through page by page at what i want to know at the time.

Astra CDTI SRI
How do you transfer musicfrom itunes to iphone an album at a time?

The only option I get is to transfer all (22gb) or just playlists.

woohoo!!! just got my new White 16gb iPhone!!! fapping love it.

was registered in apple store and out in ten mins...
one question though... now its registered to me... it would be difficult to get apple store to give me a new one wouldn't it..
Its got a slight imperfection on the back and im a fooker for perfection.. however.. if i knew it would cause more hassle to get a new one i'd deal with it...

Lou

one question though... now its registered to me... it would be difficult to get apple store to give me a new one wouldn't it..
Its got a slight imperfection on the back and im a fooker for perfection.. however.. if i knew it would cause more hassle to get a new one i'd deal with it...

I know how you feel, I just dropped mine !! Luckily no damage caused!! Need to get myself a case!
Any recommendations? Although I think the new 3g is a different size??

Clio 182
I need to get a case aswell before i drop mine.

Can anyone explain to me how i can set songs in my itunes to ringtones ?

Or am i just stuck with the ones it comes with?

I think it's criminal having an iPhone and then covering it up.

They look much better scratched and battered than in a case/skin/thing :p

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
is it actually unlimited web browsing or is there a fair use mb cap?

It's now "no excessive usage" - they took the "fair use" away, as they got some bad press when they said it was "unlimited by fairuse of 200MB" - it's now - unlimited, but not excessive.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182

It's now "no excessive usage" - they took the "fair use" away, as they got some bad press when they said it was "unlimited by fairuse of 200MB" - it's now - unlimited, but not excessive.

how do they mean excessive? using it over 1h per day?

ta
carl

ta
carl

It'll be based on volume, not time..

How long is a piece of string?

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsconditions/iphone said:
UNLIMITED DATA / WIFI EXCESSIVE USAGE POLICY
Your O2 tariff for iPhone allows you unlimited use of Telefónica O2 UK Limited's Edge / GPRS networks and The Cloud's UK Wireless LAN network, for personal internet use, email and Visual Voicemail (VVM) on your iPhone only. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes.
You may not use your SIM Card in any other device, or use your SIM Card or iPhone to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing or use them in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other customers of O2 or The Cloud. If O2 reasonably suspect you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission or disconnect your tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

Astra CDTI SRI

ta
carl

I think as long as you don't use it as a modem for your pc, you'll be ok.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I think it's criminal having an iPhone and then covering it up.

They look much better scratched and battered than in a case/skin/thing :p

+1

First sensible thing you've said in this thread since you said you wern't buying one.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
i hate you guys! i want one now :(................

how long you think till O2 shops will have them again?

ta
carl

E91 M Sport

ta
carl

I think as long as you don't use it as a modem for your pc, you'll be ok.

That would be one of the main factors for me - I spend a lot of time in locations without broadband access but with a laptop. Could I use the iphone 3g as a modem? And would it send me over the limit just surfing websites like this? (i.e. not downloading music or videos)

Second question - I see they bundle access to BT openzone with the iphone - can I use this login on my laptop?

one question though... now its registered to me... would it be difficult to get apple store to give me a new one?..

whta you guys reckon?

I'd give them a call or go back.. but I can't see them doing anything for a slight imperfection - is it definetely a manufacturing issue?

106 GTi
I never bothered with a case for my first one and it stayed minty fresh just in one of those ipod sock things. Thinking about some kind of protection for the 3G as the back looks like it will get hammered.

A days use on it still feels cheap in the hand, but loving the new software.

One big problem is I am 99% sure my Sim is so old ( years old ) it is not 3G - will I be able to get O2 to change my number to a 3G sim ?

SLK 350
You can easily tell if your SIM is 3G by whipping it out of your phone and looking at the serial number on it, towards the end of the number it will say "DX3G" or similar.

According to O2 chances are if it's less than 3 years old it will have 3G. Benefits of London I guess, 3G everywhere :)

I got an InvisibleShield for my last one and it worked well until the edges got dusty and it began peeling off, but I've got insurance on the handset anyway...so it may get accidentally broken at some point (not water damage mind, thye have detection in the new ones I read).

SLK 350
^Indeed, but I'm still trying to decide whether to bother pushing these iPhones through for IT at work, one thing the iPhone still can't compete with the BBerry is the battery life, and the fact you can't enforce policy to the handsets.

BBerry still at this point IMO has the edge for business, also not sure how fast Exchange pushs to the iPhone, going to test it tomorrow.

106 GTi
You can easily tell if your SIM is 3G by whipping it out of your phone and looking at the serial number on it, towards the end of the number it will say "DX3G" or similar.

According to O2 chances are if it's less than 3 years old it will have 3G. Benefits of London I guess, 3G everywhere :)

I got an InvisibleShield for my last one and it worked well until the edges got dusty and it began peeling off, but I've got insurance on the handset anyway...so it may get accidentally broken at some point (not water damage mind, thye have detection in the new ones I read).

Sim is more like 7 years old ! Will have a look.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
CPW are assholes!!!! Ordered Thursday and it said in stock and next day delivery!

Your order contains an item which is out of stock. We will deal with your order as soon as possible.. Your order should have arrived on Fri, 11 Jul 2008.

May nip to apple shop today and see if they got any in stock!

CPW are assholes!!!! Ordered Thursday and it said in stock and next day delivery!

Your order contains an item which is out of stock. We will deal with your order as soon as possible.. Your order should have arrived on Fri, 11 Jul 2008.

May nip to apple shop today and see if they got any in stock!

At least they tell you when it should have arrived ;)