ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New iPhone launch today

106 GTi
By this time yesterday my phone was at half battery, it makes no sense. I did use the supplied charger last night rather than using the one I had from my original iPhone but I'm sure they are identical.

I looked at the two and they looked identical so I am using my old one, would be interested if it makes any difference.

Mine must be on it's third charge now - seems to be holding up better, was out of the office yesterday so a whole days use yesterday out and about so mailing and texting, using the lap timer plus a few call and it is down to 3/4s today which is better than it has been.

Citroen DS3 DSport
From my 4th charge onwards it does appear to have improved. 4.5 hours usage yesterday before it died which was identical to my 1st gen iPhone.

SLK 350
^Technically it should last longer than the first if watching a movie or something providing you turn off the obvious things due to the greater battery capacity, surely?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Got mine replaced last night at the apple store, now have fully functioning accelerometers again! :)

Thank f**k for mobile me too. :)

hmm i hope my battery gets better, ive only had it run completely flat and charged it to 100% once, but it still goes down fast with not much use really

106 GTi
b****cks the app store is one click and it downloads straight away them in itunes - oops :-(

Lucky it was only £1.50 not that uber expensive one listed above !

182-racing-blue

By this time yesterday my phone was at half battery, it makes no sense. I did use the supplied charger last night rather than using the one I had from my original iPhone but I'm sure they are identical.

I looked at the two and they looked identical so I am using my old one, would be interested if it makes any difference.

Mine must be on it's third charge now - seems to be holding up better, was out of the office yesterday so a whole days use yesterday out and about so mailing and texting, using the lap timer plus a few call and it is down to 3/4s today which is better than it has been.

Old charger doesnt work with new phone!!!

Displays the following message "Charging is not supported with this accessory"

How gay is that!! You get a further message which says" This accessory is not made to work with the iphone. Charging is not supported"

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Old charger doesnt work with new phone!!!

Displays the following message "Charging is not supported with this accessory"

How gay is that!! You get a further message which says" This accessory is not made to work with the iphone. Charging is not supported"

You sure you're using an iPhone charger and not an older firewire iPod charger?

106 GTi
Deffo the one supplied with my original i phone as I was pissed it would not fit in the dock so just plugged it direct into the cable and charger.

I compared the new charger and the old charger and they looked identical, hence putting the new one back in the box.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Deffo the one supplied with my original i phone as I was pissed it would not fit in the dock so just plugged it direct into the cable and charger.

I compared the new charger and the old charger and they looked identical, hence putting the new one back in the box.

lol. Not you Rich, the guy who said it didn't charge with his old charger!

Old iPod chargers were firewire cable based, so they definately won't work with the 3G, just checking that he's using the charger he thinks he is!

182-racing-blue

Weird. My new iphone charger is much smaller thn original one and the connection in to phone is shallower????

Citroen DS3 DSport
They may be posting an updated version which requires approval. Perhaps they pulled the original version from iTunes a bit early? I'm sure it will return. I like that you can search for a song or group and it'll list all stations currently playing those songs.

So an O2 local to me apparently has stock (well, they did have Wed and today) so should I go in tomorrow and get one.

Decisions, Decisions.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think I'll be exchanging my iPhone tomorrow as the iPod playback tends to crackle and click quite often through both headphones and the loudspeaker.

Astra CDTI SRI
anyone else had probs with bluetooth? I can't connect to other phones, but my headset connected straight away :S

You can't connect to other phones using bluetooth. You can only connect headsets / handsfree kits.

The iphone can only use bluetooth for mono audio to connect to a headset for calls (*not* stereo audio to listen to music). There is currently no file transfer or sync capability via bluetooth with the iphone.

Citroen DS3 DSport
They have already said there are several functionality aspects of the iPhone that they will be addressing, with luck this is one of them although it's not a major problem for me.

SLK 350
Features I want/need to see:

Mailbox searching - essential!
Filtering - essential!

Ability to write email in landscape - Nice to have.
MMS - Nice to have.
BT - Nice to have.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
anyone else had probs with bluetooth? I can't connect to other phones, but my headset connected straight away :S

You can't connect to other phones using bluetooth. You can only connect headsets / handsfree kits.

The iphone can only use bluetooth for mono audio to connect to a headset for calls (*not* stereo audio to listen to music). There is currently no file transfer or sync capability via bluetooth with the iphone.

That clears that up then.

Cheers

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've not tried to charge via my Alpine yet but no doubt that will not work either.

Any luck testing this?

Tested the iPhone 3G with my Alpine headunit and it works perfectly including charging.

iphone3g.jpg

Citroen DS3 DSport
Several times. Usually reboots when it does freeze and always whn using apps. Not done it quite so often the last two days.

I'm currently restoring my v2.0 iPhone to the latest firmware revision and opting not to restore a old backup on to the phone. I find things run better when it is not corrupted by previous firmware settings.

MobileMe is very handy when restoring a iPhone ,all contacts and cal entries back without going near a computer :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
v2.0 firmware definitely requires sever bug fixes, they obviously ran out of time for full quality control. Having said that it was just as unstable when Jailbroken which is why I never kept my phone like that.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Open up the features rather than locking them down so strongly. Bluetooth for example, allow more than basic handsfree profile.