ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New K-Tec 182 Exhaust System

Hi all

Ive had lots (loads) of PM's over the past months about the new K-Tec 182 exhaust system I've been testing. Well, this week it's finally finished and available for sale. Lots of people have been asking for pictures and videos, but the tailpipe design changed at the last minute so i've been holding off posting many pics until now.

Huge thanks goes to Dave and the K-Tec team. My experience with them has been great, and its really good to see so much research and development going into a product to make it perfect before its made available to the public.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2419

previous threads are here, so people can see the exhaust as it developed:
CLICK

The alloy tailpipes have been replaced with nice chunky stainless steel ones, which really look smart on the car and fill the bumper cut-outs well.

I have the quiter version on my car, but after road testing both versions yesterday to record some video clips I can honestly say that both systems sound great, and the loud version sounds very sporty but certainly not over the top.

David and myself went out for a "play" yesterday morning in my car to record some video clips of both systems so people can get an idea of noise levels. dB levels of both systems was also recorded, but I've forgotten the figures Dave told me. The videos should be up on KTec's website soon so keep an eye out.

But anyway, here's some pics of the finished system:

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

and a few shots of the pipework but with the original alloy tailpipes, now replaced with the stainless ones:

IMG_0698.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

if anyone wants any info, feel free to PM me or ring K-Tec direct :)

/Dan.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Hubba hubba Inferno :)

The 182 standard exhaust
MISC084.jpg
to compare!

I love this pic :approve:

Does look a nice system Fubar!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
much better than them pish alloy pipes!!!!! Just need to be tapered like the BTB now ;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Hubba hubba Inferno :)

The 182 standard exhaust
MISC084.jpg
to compare!

I love this pic :approve:

Does look a nice system Fubar!

f**k me, you cleaned out the suspension/ rear beam with a tooth brush or something, or repainted it like the exhaust?!

Much prefer it with the new tailpipes, it sounds alrite too.
You've put your illegal plate back on you cheeky monkey!

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Just cleaned with white spirits the odd bit off black paint (just touched up a few areas) and polished the rest :approve: