ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new keys on ebay

C&F

172 clio
iv seen keys on ebay, but how do u program them to your car if u buy one. i know u can get new blades cut for them, but as for the blipper how does that work?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Im not sure about that mate but give me a shout if you need a key, cheaper than them on ebay

2001 Clio Sport 172
The blipper needs to be reprogrammed to your car at a Renault dealership as far as I know.

Iceberg Ph1
From what I know.. The blipper can only be assigned to one car, so once its been assigned to the original car you can not reprogramme it to work on another car..

Maybe wrong, but that's what I have been told..

mk2 ph2 172 Flamer
I wanted a spare key and a guy at renault dealership told me it will cost 120 quid. so I went to a professional locksmith and he said that only renault can code the blippers

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Only Renault can code a key to a car.

A key can only be coded to a car once. I.E If those keys are second hand they are useless.

Average price for a key to be bought and programmed from Renault is around £150

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Only Renault can code a key to a car.

A key can only be coded to a car once. I.E If those keys are second hand they are useless.

Average price for a key to be bought and programmed from Renault is around £150

I had one done at a local key cutting place for £75, you need the key code though and to take the car to them. Have a look around and you should find somewhere that'll do it

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
i can supply and code keys/cards plips etc. i am based in kingston/wimbledon , so anyones needs them doing pm and can arrange to do. dont mind travelling within reason.
oh and dont buy the ebay ones , have had loads of dissapointed people who have called me to code their key/plip and after telling them it wont work , they still i have been told it will , only for them to have pay me for telling them i told you so.