ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Kindle vs Archos G9

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Thought I'd start a thread on these and see what people think? Been liking to the idea of getting a tablet since loosing out (so far) on the HP touchpad:(. These two look like they could be good for the money and sit nicely between the budget tablets and the ipad/Galaxy etc.
Which do we think will be best?

This is the 1st good info about the new kindle I've come across. 10" version could be nice if they do it and get the app store going well.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/09/02/amazon-kindle-tablet/

Then there is the G9 here.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/archos-g9-101_Laptop_review

The G9 looks crap but the Amazon one could be just as bad.

I'd wait and see what the Amazon is actually like.

Or just get a 2nd hand/refurb iPad.

A red missile
So am I when it comes to their computers, the iPad is still leagues ahead of the other tablets though, considering the iPad came first other manufacturers have had plenty of time to better it - no-one has yet though.

Interesting to see that Amazon aren't working with Google at all on this

It's Android based still but totally re-worked.

Amazon can outsell all of the other Android tablet makers and they know it. They just make it look polished and they have the Apple like things (store for content/apps) that the others all lack.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Amazon can outsell all of the other Android tablet makers and they know it. They just make it look polished and they have the Apple like things (store for content/apps) that the others all lack.

Not to mention a shitload of money

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
He won't get an iPad lol, a genuine apple hater :rasp:

Not at all, I have an ipod in the car as we speak;).
Ipads are great but the problem is I don't think I could justify spending £400-500 on any tablet. I could get a very nice new laptop for that...
I'd be tempted by a 2nd hand ipad but the prices are still over inflated imo for what they are and what I'd want one for!

182FF with cup packs

It'll be interesting. Amazon have actually forked Android, so it will not be totally compatible with Google backed devices, from what I've read, they've forked from prior to 2.2 kernel. Having said that, you can bet that within 10 minutes of them hitting the shelves, someone will have vanilla 2.x running on it and 3.x sometime shortly after that, just like they did with the B&N Nook Colour.

Not at all, I have an ipod in the car as we speak;).
Ipads are great but the problem is I don't think I could justify spending £400-500 on any tablet. I could get a very nice new laptop for that...
I'd be tempted by a 2nd hand ipad but the prices are still over inflated imo for what they are and what I'd want one for!

I have Android 3.0 running on my Advent Vega. You can get them for £199 now. Capacitive touch screen, dual core tegra. Runs flash. IT's ideal for a by the sofa web surfer for Facebook/android/iplayer etc. I also use mine as a XBMC remote and to RDP into my desktop to kick off torrents etc.