ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new KTEC decat looks abit weird!!!

Clio 182 cup
Just brought and received a new KTEC Ultra 2.5" decat pipe and it looks fu**ed!!! does this look normal for a decat pipe and is the flange end meant to be at a slight angle???

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy315/dtwst150/2bc9ba46.jpg - This was taken with the decat on a flat surface and look how on the pi** it is!

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy315/dtwst150/5259af59.jpg - Nice round pipe, NOT!!!

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy315/dtwst150/e7959434.jpg - pic of the flange again which doesn't look straight.

Don't know if this is a sh** build or if it's meant to be like it apart from the dent in pipe. Shocking!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's not meant to be straight, standard one is on the "piss" to if you stand it on it's end.

Rest it not right though.

Not sure about the flange as i know when i had a ktec sports cat it had bent flanges but it was ment to be like that due to fitting, as for the pipe that is supposed to be round, yours is fooked, looks like its taken a nasty bash!

ITB'd MK1
Looks like the wrong join on the other end? No where for the standard clamp to attach.

slides into the mid section of an aftermarket exhaust, removing the need for an olive joint ;)

looks like it's been dropped or taken a hit on that end to squash it a bit. As long as you can get a leak free seal, it'll make next to no difference

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
were it leans over abit, my miltek did just the same,and i had no prob's whats so ever, and your flange looks ok :)D),
but i would send it back were it looks like its had a wallop, get em to swop it,.........show us ya flange baby.
only messin m8,

marcus,
hope u get it sorted pal,

ITB'd MK1
the description on the website says it's specificly for use with the ultra exhaust. Dont have a compatible exhaust, buy the decat that does fit yours ;)

Would fit with a piper system also fyi ;)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Flange looks pretty but the pipe looks like it could be straighter

Is this really a p**n thread or what? :evil:

Clio 182 cup
Lovin the flange lol!

The idea is to scrap that crappy join between the mid section and the decat so they just slot together!

The other half has sorted it now, contacted KTEC and they are replacing it, really sound about it and good customer service.

Off to pick up my car from it's MOT now, failed on the CV boot which is the CV joint housing as it was split. £137 lighter for MOT, part and labour, could of been worse I suppose :(.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
It is supposed to be at that angle. A straight pipe with a staright flange on the end will not fit.

David.

Clio 182 cup
Thanks for everyones help, I knew I could count on u guys *wipes tear from eye* lol.

Getting new one tomorrow and getting it fitted at the weekend, KTEC have been very good and understanding so I take all negative comments back.