ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Lad... Looking to buy a V6

GOLF VR6
Hey everyone nice site :)

Am looking for a new car and have got a clio v6 in mind..... I currently drive a golf vr6, which i love its a really good strong but am after something different and a bit crazy and exciting.

Have a 12/13k budget so will probably be the phase1 v6, was just after a bit of advice really as I do not really know much about clios....

1. Reliabilty? Any problems with the v6's?
2. Servicing? Do renault have to do it and would it be expensive?
3. Handling? I heard the v6's are a bit twichy if pushed and are bit unpredictable! :(

Your advice would be much appreciated,
Thanks for reading my waffle! :)
Matt

MK2 Clio V6 255
Hi mate

Check www.v6clio.net theres quite a few MK1 owners on there who would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Theres always a few V6,s on there for sale quite cheap.

I own a MK2 and can honestly say its awsome, once you been in a vee you will fall for it straight away. The noise behind your head is amazing, wont fail to put a smile on your face.

The handling is only a issue if your really pushing it hard but what fun is a car that drives itself?

You will learn where to push your car and when not 2.:approve:

1. Reliabilty? Any problems with the v6's?
There quite relaible there basically a Laguna V6 with a menaul gearbox ramed into the back of a Clio so there quite good gearbox arn't going to break any records but so what none of them do. Thats not the point of the V6 anyway. Coil can break a lot (particulaly in the wet) and I'd get a warently or some sorts personally.
2. Servicing? Do renault have to do it and would it be expensive?
Nope any garage can do it the spec is writen here for what needs doing some none Renault offfical places ie GDI and Rentech are better than amny dealerships.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107873
3. Handling? I heard the v6's are a bit twichy if pushed and are bit unpredictable!
Depends how hard you drive erevy car has its limits the V6 can be a bit twicty but it depends how hard you drive it.

E91 M Sport
Considering the car it is, the reliability is good, servicing is mostly cheap (apart from if you make the mistake of buying OEM renault parts; brakes, etc.) and the handling is fun and takes time to learn - a proper drivers car.

Good luck in your search.

V6 Mk1/Beat/E320/Mcoupe
You have to really love the car to put up with the bads. Ive loved this car since the concept car came out. And sometimes i feel fed up with all the little problems it has. Coils that go easy, horrible clutch that doesnt take a beating, bad seat/steering wheel posture, worst turning radius, extremely hot interior during summer. These are a few just on top of my head.