ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New laptop/netbook.......

PH1 172
Hi all,

My laptop is 4 years old now and on its last legs so im on the hunt for something else.
I was on the look out for another laptop but im now heading towards a netbook due to the amount of travelling i do and would be handy to carry it with me.

I would only really be using it for the following:
Browsing the net
Watching online video clips/short movies
Typing out the odd word document now and again

Would also be after one that i can change the background display as i hear this cant be done on some.

Sooooo im not really up to scratch on PC's etc but im looking for a dual core netbook and not looking to spend anything more than £300......Can anyone recommend anything ????

Ive been attracted to this one today:
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/samsung-ns310-netbook-blue-10760348-pdt.html

Netbooks are s**t.

I genuinely want to cry when someone appears in my office with one that isn't working as it takes an age to do anything on them!

PH1 172
Rather than all the "don't get a netbook" "netbooks are s**t"......
Give some reasons why please ?

I don't do any gaming etc on the computer and it's pretty much just used for the net so they sound fine for my needs ?

Rather than all the "don't get a netbook" "netbooks are s**t"......
Give some reasons why please ?

I don't do any gaming etc on the computer and it's pretty much just used for the net so they sound fine for my needs ?

They are slow and the screens are small. Honnestly, You will get so frustrated using them.

I've got one for work and all I use it for is diagnostics on the car and even then it still takes an age. And thats one of the higher spec ones!

Forget trying to run outlook/office on them.

The keyboards are odly spaced and gets annoying after a few minutes.

They usually come with windows 7 starter which only lets you run a few programs(I think its 3) and also you can't change the background.

They are proper shat.

We have arond 30 at work for mobile users, so there's some first hand experience ;).:dead:

PH1 172
Ive taken on board what you have all said.....A few of things mentioned have been on my mind that was stopping me making a decision.
Ive been to PC world this evening and found the following laptop.......What are your opinions ?

As i said before im after something smallish and light and this has caught my eye due to the slightly bigger screen and more Ram.
And the fact its only 50 pound more than the netbook i was looking at and seems to have a much better spec.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pa...gg_goog_7904&gclid=CNSRwdTxu6sCFeomtAodtELGuA