ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Megane 2022

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Wonder if this could potentially mean that all Renault Sport cars will go higher in value than they already have and not just Trophys / V6s

I certainly cant see Renault / ALPINE throwing out another 2.0 N/A hot hatch or even a 2.0 Turbo (Megane)

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
They've already made it clear there won't be a Clio, the Twingo was never followed up on so it only leaves the Megane.

You have to wonder how much longer will they bother with that.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So like I say prices could rise even more than they are already ? ?

The Mk2 Clio's sold all over Europe and the RS Brand mainly in the UK and proved to be one of the best hot hatch cars ever made and now they are throwing this p!sh out. Maybe a ALPINE Sport version of the Renault Zoe ?

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
so the megane will be an SUV, the kajar will be an SUV, the Koleos will be an SUV, the Captur will be an SUV and the Arkana will be an SUV....

Tragic coming from the company that brought us this video :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 1556436

That video was great.

Wonder if this could potentially mean that all Renault Sport cars will go higher in value than they already have and not just Trophys / V6s

I certainly cant see Renault / ALPINE throwing out another 2.0 N/A hot hatch or even a 2.0 Turbo (Megane)

It will be electric. Think that's already be confirmed.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
That video was great.

It will be electric. Think that's already be confirmed.

Yeah I know as almost everything is going Electric but give it 20 / 30 / 40 years and it will be back to good old fossil fuels.
There is more U-Turns in the governments than anything else.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yeah I know as almost everything is going Electric but give it 20 / 30 / 40 years and it will be back to good old fossil fuels.
There is more U-Turns in the governments than anything else.

Nah doesn’t matter what govts do at that point.
Manufacturers aren’t going to u-turn they have much longer time horizons.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
They did a Hot Zoe just recently, had something like a 15 minute battery life driven as it was designed for didn't it?
When driven like a hooligan i think they said it drained the battery in 15 minutes, which is mental considering a veyron empties its tank in around that time but has triple the HP🤣

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sat alongside a Tesla on the m40 at the weekend. 9pm. Cabin was lit up by the touchscreen like f**king Blackpool. How does anyone tolerate that at night?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's about time the battery range bullshit was called out.

Our test car was powered by the 60kWh battery pack promising a range of up to 470km, though in real-world conditions engineers are saying its probably closer to 450km.

I bet not one owner ever manages to get anywhere near that.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Is the current magane RS popular, think I've seen two on the road to date in all my travels and they were both local, pretty sure one of them has gotten rid of his already...was a nice black one

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Is the current magane RS popular, think I've seen two on the road to date in all my travels and they were both local, pretty sure one of them has gotten rid of his already...was a nice black one
I've hardly seen any Mk4 meganes on the road never mind rs ones. Renault's just don't sell very well over here.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I don't mind the new renault badge, it reminds me of the one on the GT Turbo which was my first Renault. Hopefully the new 5 is a good car and if the reviews of this megane are good thats got to be a good sign for the electric alpine versions.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
What can Alpine offer for an electric version tho? It's not as straightforward as with Petrol engined cars where you just slap a more powerful engine in.
Do that with an EV and you just piss all the range away, just end up like the hot Zoe from a few years ago, 15 minutes of fun and then back on charge.

Until battery capacity improves they're only options are styling and suspension stuff, but Renault already have the RS-Line for that.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Sat alongside a Tesla on the m40 at the weekend. 9pm. Cabin was lit up by the touchscreen like f**king Blackpool. How does anyone tolerate that at night?

Has a night mode for some reason it’s on daytime all the time as standard.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I don't mind the new renault badge, it reminds me of the one on the GT Turbo which was my first Renault. Hopefully the new 5 is a good car and if the reviews of this megane are good thats got to be a good sign for the electric alpine versions.

I get that it's a retro take... but just doesn't work for me 😕

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Not sure what Renault are thinking with that the specs are terrible.
Only get a 40kwh battery with the entry level or a 60kwh with the top spec.

Even the MG evs come with a 70kwh pack now.
UK cars are all 60kwh. The 40kwh is for Europe.

Im not a great EV fan, but I kinda like this.

Last edited:

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Looks shite to me, but I guess I'm not the target market. Just don't see the appeal of this crossover business.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It’s things like this that make me remember the description for Renault in the back of the old Top Gear magazines. ‘A state owned car company, Renault is quirky but occasionally suicidal’ or something like that.

This, presumably, is the occasionally suicidal bit.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what Renault are thinking with that the specs are terrible.
Only get a 40kwh battery with the entry level or a 60kwh with the top spec.

Even the MG evs come with a 70kwh pack now.

This exactly, and the Renault coming with 215hp engine will probably have a higher energy consumption than the 140hp engine in the MG.

UK cars are all 60kwh. The 40kwh is for Europe.

Im not a great EV fan, but I kinda like this.

So they're selling the car with lesser range in countries much larger than the UK?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Unless the Government sticks extra tax on them people will continue to lap them up.
They completely failed to do it when they were powered by ICE, even when there was a mountain of evidence they we terrible for emissions.

Now they're probably a good platform to stick large batteries in, so in a way they work well as an EV.