ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member from Worthing, West Sussex

Hi, Im new to the forum and will be soon purchasing a 172 cup, hopefully in mondial blue! Have been reading hundreds of posts on here and it has helped me set my mind on a Clio! Have previously owned a mk1 clio 1.4 8v as my first car, then moved to the blue oval for a mk1 focus 2.0 esp and now want something with more power! Will purchase my car once my funds are transfered into bank, hopefully sometime today! Haven't had a chance to test drive any yet so cant wait to get out in one! Will be nice to give my mates mini more of a run for his money, although I know I'm still guna be about a second(ish) slower to 60 than him!

Jack

PH1 V6
Hi mate,

Welcome to the club.

Have you found a 172 Cup that you like? If you want to have a look around one then your more than welcome to come and view mine. Would also give you a good idea what to look out for when buying one for yourself!

What mini is this? if its a cooper s then the clio will match it to 60 no problem! an s works and you have no chance in standard form :) lol

Where abouts you live mate? I've seen a few i like, bit of a treck away so havent checked them out! Don't mind travelling though, just more time/fun on the way home! Il never beat his mini, it's a beast, jus wana have abit more fun and maybe overtake him when he's refueling! He's got a cooper s with a full thruxton 240 kit on it and one of the sexiest interiors I've seen!

PH1 V6
Hmmmm sounds niiiiice! I live in Storrington mate, you must know where that is? just down the A24 near washington.

Well best thing you can do is see a few examples off here and then go searching. will give you a better idea of a decent example when you see one. if you dont mind me asking, whats your budget? i know there are a few for sale within a 20mile radius or so :)

Im hoping to spend less than 3k, if I fall in love with one higher than that then there's room to budge! Lots of locals! Ever meet up for a burn? Yeh I know storrington and littlehampton! Will drop you guys a message if I am in your area!

Nothing at the mo :(
No i mean wtf does meet up for a burn mean? Last time i heard the word burn was someone asking if i wanted a sneeky fag behind the bike shed lol

Nothing at the mo :(
Dunno lol.. all this new kiddy lingo lol.. when i was in school it was always "hey mate you got a burn i can have" lol

Stripped yozza'd cup
We need to get us some 'norfbest' style stickers....anyone got any witty ideas for a name?

Welcome mate! As said by others, more than welcome to have a look at my cup.