ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member..Just bought an r27 ... opinions welcome.

Hello all.

The warrantee on my mini cooper s run out this week and I dont really want to deal with BMW out of warrantee so I have been looking around at other cars.

The Renault sports always get good reviews so I went to have a look at a new 197. I had seen the R27 on top gear and really liked it but it was a few grand out of my price range.

Luckily my local renault dealer has an R27 demo in black with 4k miles on the clock which I have just agreed to buy:D

Got it for 15k - should have been 18.5k with the extras - also managed to get them to give me the full 3 year,60k warrantee.

So its goodbye to this....
Picture_011.jpg

and hello to this... I robbed these photos off someone on here-- sorry but it looks identicle to the one I am buying

P1050120.jpg

P1050094.jpg

P1050100.jpg

newcar001.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

What do you reckon-- have I made a good choice?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Good choice, the black one in the pics is mine by the way :)

Mines now 2 weeks old just run in with 620 miles on the clock. Loving it so far

Clio 197 sport
Great choice! Brave posting 197's on here as there seems to be alot of haters. Saying that a few are being won round.... They are finally seeing the light!

Welcome to CS, I swapped my loved 172 for a 197 a couple of weeks back!! Apart from a few niggling issues I love the car!!! Mine is the standard however, not the r27. I found one with a few extras on it such as the upgraded cabasse stereo with 6cd's and climate control!! They are great cars, not quite as involving as my old 172 but very enjoyable in a different way. Expensive tyres though!! Im trying to get hold of a spare at the moment but cant work out how to secure it in the boot! Any ideas? I would reccomend that all 197 owners do this as I have suffered a puncture and the tyre repair solution was a complete waste of time!!

www.renparts.co.uk
your mini was nice. you might miss the novelty supercharged noise and the longer gearing as the ratios are very short in the clio. Don't get me wrong though the clio is a very nice motor, quicker and handling will certainly be as good if not better.

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
When was the R27 on Top Gear?

Seems a bit silly to get rid of a car just because the warranty has ran out, but the new motor looks great. Still bloody expensive though!

When was the R27 on Top Gear?

Seems a bit silly to get rid of a car just because the warranty has ran out, but the new motor looks great. Still bloody expensive though!

If I dont sell the car soon then it will decrease in value to the point where it will not be worth selling it. Problem with buying new cars- you have to change them every couple of years, or keep them for good.

The r27 was featured in the news section of topgear- as far as I know they havnt road tested it yet.