ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member looking at potential purchase, seeking information.

Renault clio rs 200
Hi all im new on here, been on the facebook page a month or so just browsing.
Anyhow the reason for this post is basically fishing for anyone who has information on a particular clio 200 i have my eye on.
My main interest is history, reason for trading in and of course if there is anything underlying i should be aware of.
Booked in for a test drive at the weekend and would love to go armed with information.
Thanks for looking.
renault_clio_2_l.jpg
renault_clio_1_l.jpg

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Just looked at one like this on Auto trader with the black speedline wheels, private seller, just check the gearbox in these for a crunch into 2nd or 4th they all go.

Renault clio rs 200
I went to test drive it 2 week ago and when I got there the car was on a ramp with no gearbox as it was sent for repair

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Great looking car.
As said, change the wheels and if im being fussy i would space out the rear wheels.
Nice purchase though, enjoy!

Renault clio rs 200
Great looking car.
As said, change the wheels and if im being fussy i would space out the rear wheels.
Nice purchase though, enjoy!
Does putting spacers on the rear affect handling?
Sure I read somewhere that they don't respond well to it

Renault clio rs 200
I just hope nothing falls through with the deal!
Cant get it untill saturday as i only left half the needed deposit
fingers crossed i find out wednesday if all is ok
I have already insured the thing :p

Renault clio rs 200
Been doing some digging today, turns out the clio used to be on a private plate
Does V18 SPB ring any bells with anyone?

Renault clio rs 200
done a tank of fuel in tonight, decided to give it a run to the coast.
Fantastic little car, not sure what exhaust is fitted but it sounds lovely.
The one issue i do have is that it seems to attract both good and bad attention.
Good being the people that want to admire it and bad being the one particular bell end in an astra vxr trying to get me to race him!!.
Im not interested in petty "ive got a bigger dick than you" races on public roads.

Anyhow thats today in a nutshell.
tomorrow is another day and no doubt another r****d will crawl out of the wood work.

But what a fantastic vehicle, i havnt even attempted to throw it at some corners yet as its got some "triple A" tyres on the front that i wouldnt trust on my wheelie bin never mind my car.
Saying that though it does feel well planted despite the dog s**t tyres on the front.

Will keep you all updated on the daily di**head count. living in west yorkshire means there is plenty to go at.

RB 182 FF
Welcome to Racing Blue Clio ownership....:smile: I get bell ends wanting to race me all the time and it's so irritating.... I also get a lot of attention from the Police where I live, thinking I'm a 19 year old boy racer when I'm actually a 33 year old going on 50 dawdler who just happens to love hot hatches.... :innocent:

yep, noticed that as soon as i got my cup. My first 172 was an iceberg so was pretty understated but the cup is a knob magnet sometimes. Usually Astra vxr/sri's or Honda type r's ep3's are the worst for wanting a dick measuring session on a public road... I'm 39 with 4 kids, I'm not interested in 'racing' just getting to my destination in the shortest possible time.... Enjoy your new car, looks lovely.

Renault clio rs 200
Yeah I'm pretty much same as you guys, 34 , Mrs and kid but love small fast cars.
Don't get me wrong I will happily put the boot down where and when I feel it safe and appropriate to do so. But I will not get involved in blatant dangerous driving.