ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member - New Car

200 FF Storm Grey
Hello!

Just this minute paid for my membership as agreed a deal on my soon to be new car last night.

Its a BlackGold 182 with cup packs, 30k miles, 55 reg so one of the younger models :)

Currently drive a Vauxhall Corsa, love the car but ive grown out of it 2bh but its been a loyal and relaible friend and shall be missed but ive wanted a 182 since about the age of 16 so thought its time to go and get one..

The Corsa (dropping off on Sunday)

The new filth bag in my life...

Due to my age ive not been able to test drive one as every dealership as said no, so im taking a bit of a gamble but from all the reviews im sure i'll love it.

Got alot of plans and some hopefully different ideas (but I aint revealing them :p)..

Coilies (im having a nightmare trying to find some that fit a cup)
Yozza De-cat System
16'' Oz Super Turismo's (silver)
3/4 front plate

Thats what im going to be doing in the first few weeks then ill be getting down to the fun stuff so will start off a progress thread once car arrives :)

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
youll love it mate, sounds like a gooden, bin the super turismos mate have a look around on here youll see alot of other better lookin alternatives, enjoy

200 FF Storm Grey
youll love it mate, sounds like a gooden, bin the super turismos mate have a look around on here youll see alot of other better lookin alternatives, enjoy

With the wheels I was thinking Ultra Legarras (sp!) but they just dnt look right in 16'' on a black car, the tyre just drowns them, I am still looking for the right alloy, I keep wanting 17'' :( super turismo gives you the idea of the sort of style im looking for

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I've got 16" ultralegs on my black 172 and I think they look great :S

Love the corsa btw. Looks mint.

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
With the wheels I was thinking Ultra Legarras (sp!) but they just dnt look right in 16'' on a black car, the tyre just drowns them, I am still looking for the right alloy, I keep wanting 17'' :( super turismo gives you the idea of the sort of style im looking for

16s look mint mate, ive got 16" oz f1s on mine perfect size and dont ruin the ride at all 17s and you will ruin it mate!

I think SuperT's are good! :)

Not many people on this site agree unless it's Turini's though.

-
alright cunney seen you bout on corsa c see your trading your steiny in :p

dont blame you on the upgrade looking to doit myself sometime tbh!

both nice cars anyawy :)

200 FF Storm Grey
I've got 16" ultralegs on my black 172 and I think they look great :S

Love the corsa btw. Looks mint.

You got a link to some pics mate, id be curious to see!

16s look mint mate, ive got 16" oz f1s on mine perfect size and dont ruin the ride at all 17s and you will ruin it mate!

Just meant with black alloys in 16'' mate

I think SuperT's are good! :)

Not many people on this site agree unless it's Turini's though.

lol I have noticed this quite a bit on this site 2bh

alright cunney seen you bout on corsa c see your trading your steiny in :p

dont blame you on the upgrade looking to doit myself sometime tbh!

both nice cars anyawy :)

Cheers bud, CC-UK > Cliosport 2bf but what cn ya do :rasp:

DCi 100
Gave up on the RB eh mate?

V Nice car anyways, hopefully see it at some meets once I get about myself!

200 FF Storm Grey
Gave up on the RB eh mate?

V Nice car anyways, hopefully see it at some meets once I get about myself!

You stalking me b**ch! Aye mate had to give up, couldnt find one for love nor money with cup packs and id been searching for like 3 weeks and what im paying for this one was too good to turn down 2bh

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
You got a link to some pics mate, id be curious to see!

DSCF3507.jpg

DSCF3476.jpg

it's been lowered since then. I need to take some more recent pics.

DCi 100
You stalking me b**ch! Aye mate had to give up, couldnt find one for love nor money with cup packs and id been searching for like 3 weeks and what im paying for this one was too good to turn down 2bh

Yessir, I'm fairly good at stalking tbh.

How come you haven't posted this all over CCUK though?

320d
Looks spot on, mint condition.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 19 and will be pretty pissed off if dealers won't let me test drive the next car I want, I could get my dad to test drive it but I would want to know how it feels to me to drive it.

200 FF Storm Grey
gaz coilovers mate will fit the cup, same as mine

Heard they're absolute sh1te though? I am considering whether just going down the shocks and springs route instead

Looks spot on, mint condition.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 19 and will be pretty pissed off if dealers won't let me test drive the next car I want, I could get my dad to test drive it but I would want to know how it feels to me to drive it.

Im 20 mate, none of them have said no you cant because you're too young, they just give you pish excuses, one guy at renault said 'no we're closing soon' It was 10 past 4 on a saturday afternoon? Which p1ssed me off 2bh!

you will love the power

the corsa looks nice btw

Yeh im sure when I first put my foot down on the motorway home its going to blow my head off :rasp:

Titanium 182
I'm 19 and renault let me test drive a R27 lol !

I didn't test drive my 182 the other week when I bought it though.

(Which is also black gold the same as yours :))

200 FF Storm Grey
I'm 19 and renault let me test drive a R27 lol !

I didn't test drive my 182 the other week when I bought it though.

(Which is also black gold the same as yours :))

It what you expected in the end mate?

200 FF Storm Grey
Picked this up yesterday evening.

What a car 2bf, the pull is never ending, I thought on the motorway it was good but it was nothing compared to the overtaking on the b roads out of third gear this morning, theres a lot I need to get used to with the car, mostly the clutch, feels like it wants to blow my leg off at every given oppurtunity, also the gear box which is a bit spongy.

Interior cabin is alot better than I expected, much more solid and quality looking, one question though, where the fookery are you suppose to put your left leg? There's only the foot rest but you get cramp after 10 minutes!

Will post pictures at the weekend when ive got it clean, a quick jetwash will have to do it for now

200 FF Storm Grey
Theres no alloy bit there, just the slope, but behind that theres no room for your foot.

Titanium 182
It what you expected in the end mate?

Slightly more if anything.

Picked this up yesterday evening.

What a car 2bf, the pull is never ending, I thought on the motorway it was good but it was nothing compared to the overtaking on the b roads out of third gear this morning, theres a lot I need to get used to with the car, mostly the clutch, feels like it wants to blow my leg off at every given oppurtunity, also the gear box which is a bit spongy.

Interior cabin is alot better than I expected, much more solid and quality looking, one question though, where the fookery are you suppose to put your left leg? There's only the foot rest but you get cramp after 10 minutes!

Will post pictures at the weekend when ive got it clean, a quick jetwash will have to do it for now

Yup slightly more :approve:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Theres no alloy bit there, just the slope, but behind that theres no room for your foot.
It should have a black plate with a torx scew going through it, have a better look.

There was always a gap on mine between the clutch and the foot rest.

200 FF Storm Grey
lol :p

What did you drive before mate? I want it to be dinner time just so I can go back out in it again!

How accurate is the MPG computer? As I was giving it some beans on the way home and didnt drop past 35mpg

Titanium 182
lol :p

What did you drive before mate? I want it to be dinner time just so I can go back out in it again!

How accurate is the MPG computer? As I was giving it some beans on the way home and didnt drop past 35mpg
1.4 16v clio and a 1.1 106 before that.
Yep I still look forward to home time :rasp:

45mpg is achievable on the motorway.
Without motorway driving I get about 275 miles to a tank.

200 FF Storm Grey
It should have a black plate with a torx scew going through it, have a better look.

There was always a gap on mine between the clutch and the foot rest.

No I mean behind the foot rest, there should be a bit of space to leave your foot but the floor slopes so you cant so you gota drive with it on the rest all the time n it was giving me cramp after like 10 minutes lol, don't know if thats due to the fact id been driving a 7 hour round trip dropping my old car off

200 FF Storm Grey
1.4 16v clio and a 1.1 106 before that.
Yep I still look forward to home time :rasp:

45mpg is achievable on the motorway.
Without motorway driving I get about 275 miles to a tank.

To a 50 litre tank? That seems quite poor 2bh :\

200 FF Storm Grey
Yeh but thats 40 litre, nah im just suprised at how little you get to a tank considering they're about 37mpg, although im no good when it comes to gallons to litres so that may be right

200 FF Storm Grey
Id be suprised if it was! But you may be right

Just worked it out, 37mpg should get you 406 miles