ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New member with 172 Question...

Golf GTi, Clio 172
Hello everyone!

I've been considering a phase 2 172 for a few months now. I currently drive a mk4 Golf GTi Turbo.

I was offered a swap for my car tonight for the following...

2002 Flame Red Clio 172
Lowered 30mm
Custom Cat back exhaust
Speedline wheels

It's got 88k on the clock and it's had gearbox and clutch replaced (no receipt but current owner said garage can confirm this......)

Claims it runs perfectly apart from a few scratches to the body work which is expected on most cars.

Heres the part i'm a little concerned about. It has NO service history.

What would you do in my position?

Cheers guys :cool:

PH1 172
He forgot to add that mates at the garage will confirm lol. TBH you could be walking in to a big mistake as it may not have had the vital services done and sitting on 88k will be a time bomb!! Walk away, save some pennies and get a nice one.

Dynamique Flamer
I would say the same as everyone else tbh There are plenty of well looked after sports out there that will come with service histories etc

PH1 Clio 172
Same opinion as everyone else pal... dont go near it with a barge pole! ive been stung in similar situations and it didnt turn out well =(