ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new member with a 182!

clio 182 cup
hi guys im from birmingham and have bought my first ever renault a baby blue 182 on a o5 plate i believe its a cup version.. i have owned the car now for 5 hours haha and not properly driven it as its not taxed..The car is a little tyred but i got it at a fair price as it needs a bit of work like cambelt change, a full service, something missing on the front of the engine some sort of cover or something and wheels need a refurb but im happy with it as its what i have wanted for a long time a clio 182 haha love it already! Going to give it a good clean and full detail so will post some pics up of it oh and will be taxing it so i could start using it and getting all the work done to it, after the work is done ill be having an milltec echaust,inductionkit and a chip for it :D cant wait! whos good with the renault clios then around birmingham? ill pop over to any meetups to would be good to see more of them!:D

M2 Comp
Welcome to the forum!

Fred/BTM Performance is based in Birmingham, he is a trader on here and very highly regarded.

clio 182 cup
thanks for your replies and ill contact him then to see if he could service and sort the little bits out on it as the lad i bought the car off didnt know alot about them he just drove it for ages even with the engine management light on ..but it drives etc fine so ill be getting all these things sorted out and then spend money on the car and make it a really nice and quicker car as ill be keeping her

clio 182 cup
thanks guys , i popped down to btm motorsport today and met the guys there.. sound guy .. the issues were
air bag service light was on=he fixed that in 2 seconds lol
Oil was low-topped that up
the engine was slightly noiser than normal was told its the dephaser pulley so at some point will get this done but drove it 80miles every where and its been fine and stil quite quick for what it is.
exhaust blowing -this ill also have done

after these are done ill be buying a xenon lights kit,remap and induction kit ..maybe a front splitter to..so if anybody has a splitter let me know..thanks

172 cup
Welcome, glad your enjoying the 182. As for the splitter most people use a skoda fabia front splitter, have a search for it on here, cost around £13. Otherwise Renault charge £160 for a new plastic cup splitter! Or you can get a carbon one for around the same price

Also another vote for Fred, very good service and nice guy

clio 182 cup
Welcome, glad your enjoying the 182. As for the splitter most people use a skoda fabia front splitter, have a search for it on here, cost around £13. Otherwise Renault charge £160 for a new plastic cup splitter! Or you can get a carbon one for around the same price

Also another vote for Fred, very good service and nice guy
thanks mate ill have a look into that might get a carbon one as i wont be selling the car

clio 182 cup
Right people wondering if any body could help me out,my car was fine and yesturday as i was driving it it started to develop a little missfire and the revs would hesitate near the top end..so i slow down and then at times it was fine and going like normal all the way to limittor and then at times it would missfire again, well today i started it and it sounded ok ish.. then when i drove it the missfire was there all the time in any gear sounds as if it runs on 3 cylinders and the engine management light starts to flash in the dash:( HELP please i only has it a week now..so dont know much about it ..

172 cup
Did you buy it privately or a garage?

Could be a few things such as ignition, injector, lamba sensor. Best advice would be getting it plugged into a diagnostic machine.

clio 182 cup
thanks mate..rang fred at btm performance he said it must be leads or plugs so i got both local to me and swapped them.. perfect now! driving it daily,just need to have the dephaser pulley done by btm performance as soon as i could

Don't worry about the dephaser no need to panic just do it when it suits most.

Welcome sounds like its had a hard life?