ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New monitor/TV display

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Hey guys.

I'm after a new screen to become the only screen in my room so it needs to connect to my MBP, XBox360, set top box (unless it has built in freeview).

Don't want it to be massive, but want at least WUXGA (1920x1200) as my MBP is already 1680x1050. 24 inch seems to be the right number tbh.

I was in Apple today drooling on the Cinema displays, but the fact of the matter is they only have on source for input.

Other than that I know of the Dell U2410 which does have all the inputs I'd need. Is there anything else out there and does anyone have a display akin to either of these panels (IPS) and are they ok for games/movies?

AK

M240i
I just today bought an LG 32" telly, it's got VGA/RGB input, plus 3 HDMI's and USB too..

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeah see that's the thing, 1080p on 32" wouldn't be high enough in my opinion.. Hence 1920x1200 in a 24" seems like a winner to me, even though it's only 24" that said, it would be for desk work along with the odd bit of gaming/TV but my room is small enough for that to be adequate size imo. 2600x1600 30" would be nice though.....

Get as big as you can afford. It seems big when you first upgrade but after a while you just get used to it and you'll wish you went bigger..

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I have only just realised Dell do a 27" Ultrasharp monitor. 2560x1440... Apparently it has none of the issues the 2410 has but it's not quite as bright. Just need to find somewhere I can view it live and then I'll get one off eBay (providing everything's all good).