ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New oil/fluid and clean-up

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I'm looking at working on the bg over Christmas and ill be doing the following:

Oil change
Coolant change
General clean up

Ill be buying oem oil filter and washer and I already have some elf evolution sxr 5w40. Having a read on here ive seen the recommended coolant is renault type d. I was also contemplating getting a new expansion bottle as mine is rather manky.

Is it a case of undoing the lower rad pipe and bottle and letting all the fluid out and refitting and putting the new fluid in or is there more to it than that?

I might change the power steering fluid too. Can I undo the pipes and remove the bottle, clean it and put new fluid in or is there more to it than that also? And what is recommended for decent power steering fluid?

Lastly can anybody recommend a decent engine degreaser/cleaner?

Thanks, Mark.

Clio Sport 172 Ph2
Morning.... as for what you said about the coolant... yes drop the lower rad pipe off... drain it down.... depending how clean it all comes out... up tp wether you decide to flush it through.... i flushes the rad..... heater matrix... just involves unclipping a few pipes..... but if your system coolant is nice & clean.. just drain & refill.

Power steering..... does pay to do this..... PAS fluid can get very dirty, you can drain it in places where pipe joins are accessible, either undo a feed to the rack.... or possibly maybe on the cooler in the front.... drain it down..... take the resevoir off & clean the dirt out the bottom if there is any. You need to establish what fluids in it before you drain.... some systems uses Dexron 1, 2 or 3. Usually the hydraulic driven systems are dexron & the colour is red, not the green fluid.

And the best degreaser in the world.... is Gunk :):) and a hot pressure washer :)

Clio 197
I have had good results with Autoglym engine degreaser, spray on and agitate with a brush , then rise with a hand pump sprayer . I haven't used any others though so a pretty biased opinion :)