ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New paying member :)

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Hey everyone, I'm new, created my account a few days ago but never got around to posting on the site.
Just bought a subscription, looking forward to attending some events :)

I know my car is quite bad, but here it is:

60512128952693823333100.jpg

Mine is on the right:

41005123374584381144100.jpg

If anyone could tell me what the difference between my car (sport) and a normal Clio that would be great, I can only notice that the headlights are different...

Jap Box
Welcome :) Great car to start with :)

Im not sure your car is a sport model though, does it have th "S" badges on the side strips?

Seeing as its a 1.2 it could have just been owned by someone who previously added bits to it to make it look more like the sport model, e.g:

Sport headlights, Fog lights (check the front ones work using the stalk, as they could just be for show), dynamique spoiler and a set of alloys.

I think yours is just the special model with sport trim level really, as you dont have the sport front bumper, wings, side skirts etc. Still a very nice car to start on though :) (Like my old one)

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
It's definitely a sport and ive seen a few of them around, it says sport if you type my number plate into confused.com etc.

It hasn't been modified as far as I know... And there isn't an s or sport sticker on it at all :/ oh well.

My friend says the gearbox is smoother compared to the standard but I havnt been in one.

I'd like to go to a meet but I'm worried my car would be really bad compared to everyones 172 or v6's :p

Great little car mate.

As you have said it is a sport model as it has the 16v engine.

Everyone gets hung up on here when you say it is a sport model because people like to think the only sport models are 2.0L which is completely wrong.

Your car is a Phase 1 sport model
Main differences are yours will have the Phase 2 Dynamique interior, projector headlights, sport alloy wheels, Dynamique spoiler and the 1.2 16v engine whereas the phase 1 non-sport models don't have any of these and only come with a 1.2 8v engine

Agreed^^^

Renaultsport Clio consists of 2.0L engine.

Renault Clio Sport is the *cough* sporty *cough* model in the range.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Any mods yet? :)

I have a new gear knob :p But getting it changed because its metal and gets SOOO COLD in the winter :/

Since I'm 18 I can't do much without killing the insurance (it's 2200 for me) what mods can I do that I don't have to declare?

EDIT: I'm tinting my windows soon!
I put flat blades on it and debating whether or not to saw off the rear wiper...