ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

new phone

i used to know so much about these things and i have usually had the most up to date one. but i have slipped recently so am no longer in the know!

what phone should i be asking for in my upgrade? N95? K850i?

help please :)

jamie

fair enough mr moderator, did think that but thought id get a quicker reply in GC since i need to make the decision now, so if i dont get any replies im coming for ya!!

jamie

D

dick

depends what you want from a phone.

features, ease of use, "cool-factor", games, good music player, thiness, clamshell, slide, candybar, touchscreen,

its always a compromise like most things in life. you cant have them all.

i wanted a touchscreen, smartphone with a shitload of features, so got a p1i. id have liked an easier to use music player, with buttons on the side for next track or sumthing but s**t happens.

i like to take photos when i go out and about (when i dont have the slr) so would need a good camera.

ok, N95 or K850i is the choice now i think. unless there is another on the market that contends with these two other than the samsung?

Mito Sportiva 135
LG Viewty (5 mp camera) or the brand new Sony W960i (3.2 mp camera)?

Like others have said depends what you want it for.

Mito Sportiva 135
Apparently the Viewty is meant to be ok, my only experience with LG was when I got a phone on 3 and it was the worst experience of my life, the phone was ok but the network was just terrible and got horribly ripped off, so not liked LG since as I assosciate them with those dark days...was just thinking about trying the Viewty but I will probably get a new Sony Ericsson when my upgrade is due.

I just want a small simple phone that fits into my pocket, not really bothered about music as I have an iPod, I guess having a decent camera is usefull though. 3.2 in the W960i might be worth a look, as the phone is very cool, although obviously there are 5 mp cameras in a few phones now (Viewty, N95 and K850i)

172beast

I've had the Viewty about 3 month now, cracking phone and there currently being hacked to run homebrew OS and software. Cameras good, amazing in outdoor light in fact and you can adjust everything from ISO to manual focus like a proper camera. In low light the flash isn't as strong as say a K800i or K850i so picture quality isn't as good imo, still very very good for a phone tho and more then good enough to take pissed up photos on a nate out!