ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Racing Blue 182

Clio 182 (05)

Well after suffering greatly in a borrowed 1.7td AstraVan for the last couple of months, I finally picked up my lovely new Racing Blue 182 (with the Competition Stripes, oh yeah!) today. Id post pictures, but it just looks like any other brand new 182!

All I can say it that shes a beautiful car to drive, and I cant wait for 625 miles to pass so I can actually use the engine properly. I did rack up 98 miles getting home from the dealership (Lookers in Chelmsford) which is actually a 10 mile journey, so it shouldnt take too long!

I had a question though... How do I get the mileage display back after Ive had the cruise control / speed limiter on? No matter how many buttons I press or hold, it refuses to go back until I restart the damn car! I keep finding new buttons all over the place, so further questions will no doubt follow.

Oh, and one other. I found what I assume is some sort of hammock (or one monster set of fish-net stockings!) in the car and cant for the life of me work out what the hell its for? Sleeping in while Renault beat the faulty electonics back in to working order every month or so perhaps? ;)

The only downer is that I suspect my 2.0 valver will be somewhat neglected now, despite being faster. No doubt shell be up for sale on here sometime soon!

Anyway, thanks in advance if anyone can help with the mileage counter or stockings questions, and hopefully Ill bump into some of you at a meet once the remaining 527 miles have passed!

LOL they are special fish nets incase u lose them when u r out one night... they clip in the boot and u and use it as a cargo net thing also!

[Edited by bigbri182 on 09 June 2005 at 10:13pm]

dk

911 GTS Cab

thats the cargo net for the boot, it attaches to harnessing points in all four corners to keep loose objects on the boot floor when you are on 2 wheels!

to get the mileage back try turning the CC switch off and maybe selecting the off button on the steering wheel and the clicking the end of the stalk until the mileage appears.

Clio 182 (05)

Ah, so thats what the hammocks for! I might wrap it round the passenger seat to keep any loose fitting people in when Im <ahem> testing the suspension. ;)

Ill try the suggestion for the mileage when I go out later. Failing that, I suppose I could always consult the manual. :cry:

Thanks for the help guys!

Shhh

Press the end button on the end of the wiper stalk (the right one). It goes through various settings like, MPG, miles done, average speed etc, but does come back too the mileage total and the miles done thing.

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

you will love it once it has loosened up.....mine has done nearly 24k now and puts a smile on my face everyday :D

Mini Cooper S sport

Racing Blue! The best colour (mine has both cup packs but doesnt have stripes)..enjoy! I dont have the luggage net either cos I forgot to ask...