ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Renault Owner - Wiltshire

Clio 172
Just thought id introduce myself /wave

My first Renault owenership as i fancied a change previously had a LCR 225 running a AmD remap 270bhp/290lbft but the clio does a better job at putting the power it has down to the road, previous to that I had a vw golf 150tdi. Am enjoying the clio's driving style its very eager in the corners as standard! this definitely makes up for the straight line speed it looses in my book.

Anyway I drive a 02 plate 172 Ph2 just hit 80k on it

Recently had the Cambelt/aux belt/waterpump/Dephaser Pulley/Cam Cap Seals and the Sports CAT done at the guys down at ktec

Need to find a place to get my coilovers/top mounts and both engine mounts fitted so if anyone knows a good garage around the wiltshire area that can do this kind of work competently let me know ;) (dont know what section to post in to ask lol)

Have found lots of usefull info on the site so far and im sure there will be more!

:cool:

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Hi also just down the road from you.

Try cooksport they aren't too far away

Clio 172
cooksport are just as far as ktec lol

Have to many bad experiances with independant garages I find it really hard to trust the work they do :(

Welcome. I used The Garage in Trowbridge for work on my 172. Ex Platinum (Renault and Nissan) and the owner has a 200, so knew most things inside and out and could happily do a 172 cambelt in about 1/2 the time allocated by Renault dealership. a few guys at work use them as well and have never had any issues.