ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Renaultsport car What

Mark 1 Clio V6

Obviously this is all hypothetically speaking Jeremy.

I did have a conversation with Jeremy about the possibility of a 225 Cup and he thought that it would just be upgraded suspension pack offered as an option on the standard 225.

If this is the case then I doubt Renault would be going to such measures to keep it secret.

Might be a mid-engined Modus.

Ziel Nurburgring

Or that yellow reation being released. Either way, its bound to be decent. Im just suprised we dont qualify for leaked promo stuff from jeremy. ;)

I very much doubt current owners will be able to upgrade to the recaros, however you Will almost certainly be able to buy them direct from renault, at a very high premium thou.

Smokey

I thought this was the new Car!

Renault To Unveil New Show Star

radical three-seater roadster will be unveiled by Renault at next Marchs Geneva Motor Show. It will be the third in a sequence of sports car concepts, following the Clio-based Wind and Fluence V6 coupé, which uses a Laguna chassis.

The car could be mid-engined and has been described by a Renault source as having "a novel but potentially practical layout". But it wont use the Winds 2+1 seating configuration. The insider added: "We will evaluate media and public responses to the concepts, but a roadster or coupé is on the cards. It will be two years before it arrives." Renault stunned the motoring world in 1995 with the aluminium chassis, roofless, mid-engined Spider, 100 of which were sold in the UK from a global run of 1,000.

Ziel Nurburgring

Tom mentioned it earlier in the thread. Think its techna or something, a french tuning company

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 17 February 2005

Or that yellow reation being released. Either way, its bound to be decent. Im just suprised we dont qualify for leaked promo stuff from jeremy. ;)
Oh but you get so much more ! Anyhow, I thought that this was a Clio forum ?

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 17 February 2005

hehe, so hes saying its not a clio then ?? ;)

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Big clue there me thinks :confused:

My money is on a Meggy 225 Trophy...you heard it here first!! :p

Quote: Originally posted by chris172 on 17 February 2005

Big clue there me thinks :confused:

My money is on a Meggy 225 Trophy...you heard it here first!! :p

Its already been said that the trophy megan wont go in to road version production. But i guess you never know with renault ;) id definatly trade the V6 in for one.

Renault Laguna Coupe

It might be called Trophy but itll just be a normal 225 with seats, switchable electronic aids, stiffer etc. Wont look like a Trophy race car.

I reckon it will be a 225 convertible.....i was in Reno earlier and the guys were talking of a Renaultsport Modus to be produced in the near future!!!! :eek:

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 17 February 2005

then take it off a meagane like they have!

its not amegane bumper ben, this was posted well before the MRS was released, plus its a bloody good match on the front arches if it was taken from the MRS

Mark 1 Clio V6

Please see comment extracted from the renaultsport forum made by Renault Customer Svs:

Our Renaultsport range reflects our sporting heritage and we are constantly innovating and developing products in order to meet our customers high expectations. As such we have an announcement to be made at the Geneva Motor Show, details will be announced on this site as soon as they are confirmed..

Changes in specification and the characteristics of products are always taking place in the Motor industry. This inevitably means that some customers buy a vehicle shortly before changes are made or announced. This does not mean that the cars which they purchase are defective or are unfit for purpose, and nor does this mean that these customers are entitled to replacements or upgraded products.

Mark 1 Clio V6

I think that if it is a Megane Cup/Trophy then they are being strangely secretive about it. Why make it such a secret if it is just a stripped out version of a current car with better suspension/different wheels????????????

We shall see...................................................................

Lee

BMW M2C

It happened to me with the 172 and the Cup, then again with the 182 and the 182 Cup. If you sit there waiting for the next best thing you will never buy anything.

Plus, why should Renault tell you what they plan to be doing over the next few months, they want to sell cars now, and certainly dont want there competion knowing there plans.