ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault unveils New Clio, the latest version of its popular best-seller

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
renault-new-clio-130616-08h00-14.jpg

More images on autoexpress here

Renault unveils New Clio, the latest version of its popular best-seller

• 25 years after the launch of the original Clio, Renault has renewed its best-seller with the introduction of New Clio
  • New Clio packs even more seductive appeal thanks to its lighting signature and full-LED Pure Vision head lights, as well as new styling details
  • New dCi 110 engine and TCe 120 now available with a manual transmission
  • Improvements to interior quality as well as new colours and trims
  • Additional infotainment options, BOSE sound system and convenience options such as Handsfree Parking
  • New Clio delivers one of the market’s most extensive powertrain line-ups
  • New Clio will be available to order in the UK from October
  • Clio has sold 13 million units worldwide since launch
Twenty five years on from launch in the UK, Renault has unveiled New Clio bringing a host of styling, equipment, powertrain and quality improvements to the fourth generation of its best-selling supermini. New Clio will go on sale in the UK from October.

Styling: New Clio keeps all of its promises

The fourth-generation Clio was the first Renault model to feature the brand’s new styling identity in 2012. Thanks to a full-LED lighting signature, including C-shaped daytime running lights in the case of certain versions, New Clio continues to refresh Renault’s design identity.
At the front, the grille which houses the Renault diamond has been redesigned, as has the lower part of the grille which is wider to add an even more modern feel to the front end. At the rear, the skirt has been redesigned for additional robustness.

Four new body colours have been added (Mars Red, Titanium Grey, Arctic White and Iron Blue), with a selection of new wheel and wheel trim designs, plus a more extensive personalisation programme.
The New Clio benefits from the use of finishing materials previously reserved for Renault’s higher-end models. All the upholsteries are new and special attention has been paid to the tactile and visual quality of the plastics’ grain-effect finish. The chrome trim features a more subdued, matt finish and the colours are more refined. In short, the new Clio forms a higher end package which strikes a desirable balance between seductive exterior styling and a high-quality interior finish.

Driving pleasure, connectivity and agility to address all types of use

The powerful, fuel-efficient 1.5 dCi 110 diesel engine mated to a six-speed manual gearbox is a new addition to the New Clio’s powertrain line-up, as is the availability of six-speed manual transmission for the TCe 120 petrol engine. As a result, New Clio boasts one of the market’s most extensive powertrain ranges thanks to a choice of eleven engine/transmission combinations (depending on market).

To provide customers with a range of options, the New Clio comes with three different connected multimedia systems, namely Media Nav Evolution, Renault R-Link Evolution and the new, smart R&GO system which is available on entry trim levels. The new Clio is the first B-segment Renault to be available with BOSE quality sound for a memorable audio experience, while a suite of driving aids makes the new car even more versatile and nimble.

In addition to its reverse parking sensor, and depending on the version, the New Clio offers a front parking sensor and a reverse parking camera. Available for higher-end versions, Handsfree Parking allows the driver to fully delegate the completion of parking manoeuvres.

Full details on the UK line-up with pricing and specification will be available later in the summer. Vehicle ordering is due open in October with deliveries commencing later that month.

Think it looks good tbh, it'll be interesting to see what unfolds with the Renaultsport version, perhaps a Manual 'box maybe.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

BMW M4; S1000 RR
They won't be doing a manual box this late into the game (I really won't mind being wrong about that).

LED headlights is cool. Uprated speaker system is a long overdue option on the Clio. Not sure I care for the auto parking myself. Would much rather see adaptive cruise control.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Bumper is much better, the round fogs just didnt fit imo. This has to be the least offensive face lift ever given to a clio! Might have a look when they hit the road.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Rear view camera and auto parking on such a small car??

What sort of total spastic needs those?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
must say we bought a DCi90 one in 2014, my mrs does 40k a year in it, and it had so much potential to be a cracking car but the stereo quality let it down massively, I was close to trying to reject the car its that bad after a few weeks with it. I really like the dci 90 but felt the 5 speed let it down compaired to the old DCi106 6 speed we had.

when do the order books open? looking to replace it with a mars red one with bose and dci 110!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
My one has done 50k now and been good now that ive finally found a good dealer even though its 50 miles away! goes well with superchips software on it too, a 110 @ 130 odd bhp would be nice :)

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
I think it looks brilliant, tce with a mild remap surely good for 140bhp :D Haven't had a new car in 8 years so tempted...

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Good subtle update IMO. Thank Christ those Halford-esque DRLs have been ditched.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Will there be an option for nice wheels instead of the multi coloured rank ones in the pics? My mum is after a new Clio and could be tempted into a new one

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I can't stand those flat diamond cut alloys all manufactures are using at the moment, awful things!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Will there be an option for nice wheels instead of the multi coloured rank ones in the pics? My mum is after a new Clio and could be tempted into a new one
I assume that will just be dynamique s spec or what ever they rename it to. Ours has the 16s and it rides mega smooth even if the 17s do look better!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's Renaults best seller. If they sell nothing apart from one Clio. It's still their best seller.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
The Clio4 is very popular round here. I know because there is a certain model that looks like it 'could' be the RenaultSport version and I always double take before I realise it's not.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
there everywhere around here, probably the most popular car I see on the road along with corsa, insignia and gashqui

I'm genuinely really impressed that Renault have listened to owner feedback and improved the cars very few down sides!! next we will have an RS with a manual box? lol

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
must say we bought a DCi90 one in 2014, my mrs does 40k a year in it, and it had so much potential to be a cracking car but the stereo quality let it down massively, I was close to trying to reject the car its that bad after a few weeks with it. I really like the dci 90 but felt the 5 speed let it down compaired to the old DCi106 6 speed we had.

when do the order books open? looking to replace it with a mars red one with bose and dci 110!!

Agreed, the only 2 things that could do with improving in otherwise IMO a faultless and perfect car. I've owned my 14 plate dci 90 almost a year to the day and still love it, driving it, looking at it. A shame it didn't have the dci 130 that my 55 plate Megane dci has.

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
Agreed, the only 2 things that could do with improving in otherwise IMO a faultless and perfect car. I've owned my 14 plate dci 90 almost a year to the day and still love it, driving it, looking at it. A shame it didn't have the dci 130 that my 55 plate Megane dci has.

Looked at getting it mapped, maybe? Could be worth considering as diesels seem to take mapping quite well. Not sure if your economy would go up but your power and torque certainly would. My old Laguna Mk3 1.5 dCi mapped would have gone from 110bhp to 140bhp roughly, and about a 1/3rd more torque over more of the rev range, but I didn't end up doing it.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Looked at getting it mapped, maybe? Could be worth considering as diesels seem to take mapping quite well. Not sure if your economy would go up but your power and torque certainly would. My old Laguna Mk3 1.5 dCi mapped would have gone from 110bhp to 140bhp roughly, and about a 1/3rd more torque over more of the rev range, but I didn't end up doing it.

I did think about it weeks after buying it, I think with the 90 it gives you another 20-30bhp. That's the only thing it lacks is more torque. To be honest I don't drive it that much, it gives me average 58mpg. If I want torque and fun I'll take the stripped out Megane 225 I also own for a blast

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
I did think about it weeks after buying it, I think with the 90 it gives you another 20-30bhp. That's the only thing it lacks is more torque. To be honest I don't drive it that much, it gives me average 58mpg. If I want torque and fun I'll take the stripped out Megane 225 I also own for a blast

20-30bhp isn't bad actually, I expected less. I own the same car as you (14 plate Clio dCi) and have considered it as well, so that's quite handy to know.

I drive mine a lot and average about 60 so it seems consistent anyway - my only hangup with mapping is if the economy drops.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
20-30bhp isn't bad actually, I expected less. I own the same car as you (14 plate Clio dCi) and have considered it as well, so that's quite handy to know.

I drive mine a lot and average about 60 so it seems consistent anyway - my only hangup with mapping is if the economy drops.
The ONLY time I noticed it needed a torque pick up was overtaking lorries on single lanes abroad last year, that was it. Other than its performed superbly over the last year, as a car for me I simply cannot fault it in every department. I love the shape, what it offers for the money, the fuel economy. I liked it, found a second hand Clio in white for good money, then bought it..... That'll do.