ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Road Angel 2 fitting

Alfa Mito 155TB

Hi I have the new road angel...can anyone advise on how i can get the antenna lead and power lead to just drop down the back of the dashboard neatly... the unit will be screen mounted.

But i am going to wire in the unit into the back of the Cigar lighter.

Tips on neat wire install would be appreciated, the external ariel is going to fit on the rear passenger side ledge in the corner of the window next to the parcel shelf, is it easy to run the wire along under the plastics near the bootom of the carpet?

take the dash off to hide all the wires behind it. then run the antenna lead under the door seal and behind the rear panels to mount it next to the parcel shelf.

theres a guide for taking your dash off in the members section.... pay a fiver to join and ull have access to it! ;)

Youll have to post how well it works in the 172/182.. lots of people have been interested.

I have one and it works mint (altho, I use the internal GPS receiver) but dont have the need for the external antenna as I have a "normal" windscreen, hehe.

Alfa Mito 155TB

I will post my views on it...it should arrive by tomorrow and will fit it in the car on friday...there are good reasons to go for a B2 Origin..but this weekend the unit is going in my GFs Streetka for our visit to the Lake District.

But at the end of the Month we are going up to Scotland, it should earn its money there.

Reviews and pics to follow

apparently if you put the road angel on the bottom middle of the front windowscreen there is a section of glass there which is normal thickness and usuable for these gps devices?

Alfa Mito 155TB

Yes there is a square, but it is hit and miss if the GPS signal will get through...they recommend a seperate aerial on a fly lead..but teh laser sensor will work through the glass anyway.

Alfa Mito 155TB

Mounted the external aerial in the top left hand corner of the window behind the drivers seat. The UV screen even with the road angel had very poor GPS coverage...with the aerial in, it picks up four satellites..

I have also hardwired the power in and the blue LCD screen at night looks great.

Ford Fiesta

any pics of this install on your 172? did the wire not reach to the rear of the the rear window ledge, do you mean you have stuck it to the glass??

any chance of some pics, take it your road angel is still in the lower centre of the windscreen?, is it definate that the screen does not affect laser detection?

Clio 182 LY + Cup packs

I fitted my road angel very easily in about 30 mins, hard wired it to the cigarette lighter by running a cable under the sun glasses holder on top of the dashboard, and then mounted the aerial on the roof outside and ran the cable around the rubber for the windscreen and through the door, then down the back of the windscreen and dash on the inside, all you can see is a little black box on the roof, which dnt luk to bad in my opinion

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by RafChandler on 11 July 2004

I fitted my road angel very easily in about 30 mins, hard wired it to the cigarette lighter by running a cable under the sun glasses holder on top of the dashboard, and then mounted the aerial on the roof outside and ran the cable around the rubber for the windscreen and through the door, then down the back of the windscreen and dash on the inside, all you can see is a little black box on the roof, which dnt luk to bad in my opinion

I dont really want to mount the aeriel on the roof, will it be possible to mount it in the back of the car near the rear window, and the road angel still be in the centre of the screen?

Quote: Originally posted by RafChandler on 11 July 2004

Do you not have any problems with windnoise or water ingress going through the windscreen seal?

Ford Fiesta

this is where my RS2 is now in the 182, gets lock on to signal ok, but look, I doubt laser detection is best here with the wipers, looks really neat here though. With another aeriel there will be abother wire to hide! :-(

what does a UV screen actually benefit anyway?

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1089552262__RA2.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1089552262__RA2.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1089552275__RA2a.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1089552275__RA2a.jpg

Ford Fiesta

where is your RA2 on the screen then now? people say the laser detector is not affected by the UV screen is this right?

Ford Fiesta

I ordered an additional ariel and it was not long enough, I got a refund and then found out they had a couple of 4 meter lengh ones instead of the 2 meter ones they advertise. I have ordered one of these for £19.95