ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New RoadAngel vs Origin B2

which ones better then folks? i dont mind all the cables etc cos theyll be hiden anyway, and id rather have the laser detector seperate from the unit.

anyone know where i can read up on both of these?

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 11 June 2004

and id rather have the laser detector seperate from the unit.
Origin then..

Its a mint unit, and from what Ive read, does do more..

ta daz... im guessing the new RA is an all in one unit then? this means it has to be stuck on your window?

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 11 June 2004

ta daz... im guessing the new RA is an all in one unit then? this means it has to be stuck on your window?
Yep, which is what I wanted.. it does look good but, lacks:

1) Doesnt tell you what the speed limit is.. just warns if you are over it.
2) Doesnt list mobile camera sites.. (hiding holes on Origin) but you can add your own if you wish..

So I dunno - I want to get one, but Id like to be able to move it between cars easily.. so will probably end up with the Road Angel.. and just put up with them two probs.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

u can also set your own camera spots or black spots on the b2...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

to me it looks as if origin came out with the b2, which is 10 times better than the road angel, then road angel have come out with the road angel 2, which irrespectible of the compactness and ease of moving from car to car, is .... still not as good... + origin do all diff customisable bits now like diff cases etc...

sooo can anyone find origins website? i cant fint it!? :confused:

i wanna learn about these customisable bits, sounds fun!

i got new road angel, it tells you what speed your doing, you can set your own sites, it does warn you of mobile camera sites (usually by refereing to them as blackspots), you can mount it anywhere and put a gps ariel /radar detector in the screen.

it talks to you, loads of settings on it to change, im very happy with it, its down to personal taste i think

cool, 172cup_nut, so you happy with it?

It definetly doesnt tell you the speed limit tho does it? Just tells ya to slow down if you are breaking it? (coming up to an alert)

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 12 June 2004

cool, 172cup_nut, so you happy with it?

It definetly doesnt tell you the speed limit tho does it? Just tells ya to slow down if you are breaking it? (coming up to an alert)
hi, no it doesnt tell you the limit on the road, but it does tell you how fast your going, and you can set it to warn you if you go over a certain speed.

im very happy with it, fits really neatly into the car, it has a magnetic base so it just sticks to the base (alot better than the old velcro on my old road angel), it glows a nice blue colour and goes red through alerts, its also picked up every camera i have been past.

Cool, I am thinking about one - I like the idea of being able to pick it up, get the 2nd curly power cable and put it in any car in like, 1 minute..

Cool, yea.. Can install it properly in my car.. but have the curly lead for when I go in other cars.. its a genius idea.

Let me know how you get on with it over a week or two.. am very interested in getting one.

Clio 172 Ph2

Ahh man, this is one of those toys I just love to buy!

The unit looks kinda huge though and if Ive got to position it so that it looks through the little clear area of the front screen, I can tell its going to get right in my way.

Its probably fine for everyone except those with weirdo reflective front screens like me!

Rich I think the Origin B2 would be better as you have the small sensor you can move around seperate from the main unit.

ps. WTF are you doing up at this time?

Lee

BMW M2C

To me the Road Angel looks a bit on the large side. The best thing about the b2 having the sensor seperate is that you can remove the main unit from the cradle when you park up and put it in your pocket.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

+ to me road angels have always looked like toys, and are very big, the B2 and even the Bi look vers professional... and more of an expensive gadget than some thing a 4 year old has made from lego

I think Im going to get the RA.. mainly, because its all in one and I can move it around cars easily.

One power cord under my dash in main car.. then use the curly power cord for other cars.

Ford Fiesta

has anyone actually been saved from a laser sourse with any detector?

I mean everyone I know with points have got them via laser mobile traps. All the others are usually advertised and have big yellow boxes that are hard to miss, it seems laser is the hardest yet most important to protect yourself against.

I know some say if systems flash up laser you have been done, but this isnt what the manufacturers state, and I just wondered if anyone had actually been saved using a system which is able to pick up laser.

Im using a snooper S5 at the moment by the way.

Get an S4 or a b2 - they wil give you the speed limit information that even the New Road Angel wont tell you.

Contrary to what 172cup_nut says, you cannot add radar detection to Road Angel. (Unlike the S4 which does have this option)

What he means is that you can add an extra laser sensor if you want the unit mounted somewhere without a clear view of the road ahead. Or if you want they say you can add a rear laser sensor, but that would be no use whatsoever so a waste of effort.

For those of you with reflective screens youll need to get a remote antenna as an extra, so why bother when the b2 comes with one and looks so much neater as well. And does more.

Independent information here: www.RadarDetectors.co.uk