ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New RSTuner Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
  VX220
You just send money as a gift on Paypal to not incur fees ;)
Remember that one people :)

But I think a 5k gift might look a bit suspect lol!

But then heck will have to pay the fees...one way or the other someone will have to pay...paypal dont do free.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Payment Update

*Since I put up the original GB prices in pound, the exchange rate has changed slightly (benefitting us), hence the figures in option 2*

After discussions with Henk our options are as follows:

1. Run the group buy in the same manor as before with a discount code, but only a discount of 14 euros is available, making the price 175 euros (approx £160). I don't think the mass postage is an option here, so all in the price would be around £175 delivered to your door.

2. Badger5 has kindly offered to let us use his business account for everyone to pay. He mainly operates on seatcupra.net where he's a sponsor, and I know he's legit. So everyone would pay him, and he would pay Henk, and we'd still do the mass postage.

The only issue here is that there's a 5% charge involved from using the account. Therefore with the current GB price of 159 euros, this would be 167 euros for the basic kit (approx £152). The free postage would still be available (apart the small cost for Pettsi to post it to you) so total price would be under £160 delivered to your door. Due to the 5% charge you'd be paying about £8 extra over the 'original' GB price.

-------------------------

There needs to be a decision for one option or the other, we cant have some people wanting the code and some wanting to stick with the GB.

If this is the case I'll have to make another thread with the chosen payment method, and we'll have to start over with a new list :dapprove:

The deposits idea cannot be done, simply because the GB prices are cheaper because instead of there being 30+ payments and invoices for Henk to deal with, there's just one. The discount code for the GB prices would also create problems and potentially Henk could end up with his finances in a mess.

Just want to say thanks for sticking with the GB so far! Hopefully we can get the payment issues resolved so we can get the payments started asap.

Easiest way I think is to create a poll to see which payment method people want to go with and we'll go from there.

Thread Here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=385606

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sounds like it's been a pain to sort, good work on sorting it! Get a poll up asap mods, or there will be x number of posts about which option people want.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Use the other thread, stops this one getting into a mess! Didn't realise you had to be a mod to make a poll lol.

Clio 172, Audi A4 S-Line
I'm easy for either option. Can transfer "x" amount to any account or use pay pal...

Which ever is easiest... The poll could be pretty split!!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Have added you on the other thread. I know option 2 may take 2 days or so longer, but you save over £15.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Wish I could add my name to the GB. Never saw the post until recently and I have been after one of these for ages :(

Once the payment method is decided on, I'll allow a few more people in. I'll have to check with badger5 to see if there's a limit on his account though lol.

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
You just send money as a gift on Paypal to not incur fees ;)
Remember that one people :)

But I think a 5k gift might look a bit suspect lol!

If you send it as a gift you can either pay the PayPal fee's or the receiver of the monies can pay the fee.

I did this the other day for £13, it incurred an 86p fee.

how come there is only a discount of 14 euros avaliable for option 1?, is Henk not willing to shave a bit off that price? this is a big groupbuy! alot of business for him. If a tad cheaper. option 1 would work better for all involved.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
how come there is only a discount of 14 euros avaliable for option 1?, is Henk not willing to shave a bit off that price? this is a big groupbuy! alot of business for him. If a tad cheaper. option 1 would work better for all involved.

This is a fixed discount available using the code. If it was better I would have just gone for that, but I think it's worth sticking with the GB for a bit extra off.

Ph2 172 Cup
I've just noticed that the movement in the exchange rate from 1.05 to 1.10 since the start of this GB makes the unit about £8 cheaper :D

03 RS clio 172 flameR
can i not use this discount code and get involved with the group buy on option one?

it wouldnt complicate anything with option one?

Ph2 172 Cup
OK I'm starting to come around to Option 1 as being the easiest...

the reason is that the pound is strengthening against the euro so the prices we were talking about at the start of this GB have actually got a fair bit better.

With the option 1 discount 175euros we're looking at about £156 + postage. The offer at the start of the GB worked out at about £153 + UK postage.

There's lots of people interested in this, so I would suggest to Henk that if he could offer a price of 170euros + delivery via a web discount then I suspect lots more of us would go for this route.

Henk could run this offer for a fixed period (say until 2nd Feb). The advantage as I see it for him, is that he gets the money directly and doesn't risk losing 30+ orders because the group buy never quite gets organised.

Go on Henk... give just a little bit more on the price and I for one will place my order today!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
dswarwick: When you compare the prices I take it you mean people were happy to pay £153, so they'd be happy to pay the option 1 price of £156? As the GB price has dropped also... Plus postage is at least another £15 for option 1.

As I've said before, the discount available is 14 euros for option 1. This is because Henk still has to process all the payments and sort the invoices, which takes time and money.

Ph2 172 Cup
Yeah, that was my thinking. I realise that it's possible to make a further saving going via the option 2 route.

Just thought that (perhaps) it might be easier for all concerned if we could come to some arrangement on placing individual orders with Henk - I realise it's a far bit bit more paper work for him to process lots of orders.

I don't mind either way - I'll go with the majority, just so long as one way or another this GB is a success.

197 FF
so can someone spell it all out for me?

How much is it going to cost?
Who do we pay?
How long is delivery?
When is the last time we can pay?

Clio Cup/GSXR 600
Yeah, that was my thinking. I realise that it's possible to make a further saving going via the option 2 route.

Just thought that (perhaps) it might be easier for all concerned if we could come to some arrangement on placing individual orders with Henk - I realise it's a far bit bit more paper work for him to process lots of orders.

I don't mind either way - I'll go with the majority, just so long as one way or another this GB is a success.

^^^^ with you all the way on that trail of thought!

Last edited:

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
How much is it going to cost?

167 euros (£151 at today's rate of 1.109) plus postage fees of under £10 to deliver the item to your door.

Who do we pay?

Bill (badger5) has his own business account which we will all be paying into. Details to follow.

How long is delivery?

Henk is already getting the kits ready, so as soon as the first 20 payments are taken they will be dispatched, taking a few days to arrive.

When is the last time we can pay?

End of Monday 2nd Feb for the second half of the GB.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm going to have to go in the later GB as I'm skint from x-mas and other things so need another Paycheck 1st :(

TCR'd Rs Clio 172
Clio RS 2 172/182 - STANDARD Kit, Mass postage

1. fossie
2. Clio-Coby
3. Topgeartom
4. Pettsi - Still happy to dispatch to everyone.
5. Papalaz, Custom Map
6. tony69
7. Paul_B
8. T5PHY - payment @ end of Jan
9. djroberts - Danny (Can pay whenever)
10. Keith185
11. Pepsi - Custom map
13. edgeydt50
14.bartebk
16. mattfarina
17. ant_wales
22. davo172(can pay whenever ,awaiting postage info )
23. dswarwick
25. Warren4
26. Mostro
27. Jacko197
28. danevo
31. Clio_in_motion_2008
33. Stevieh
35. DZM
36. russ_0016
37. Davefox
20. Tullyvernon (Jonny)
34. Chrispy.Clio (earliest i can pay is the 15th of Jan)
38. Viper (Robert)
39. Cbetts
40. Pagey6005 (End of Jan)
19. Shaunthegas
12. Evil Ally

Clio RS 2 172/182 - PRO Kit, Mass postage

21. Panda (End of Jan)
30. Binksy
32. badger5
18. Tigger (can pay anytime after 22nd Jan)

Details Still Required from:

24. Martin_89
29. Thornesy

Status
Not open for further replies.