ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New S2 Rallye Project

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The dents are just car park style thing - nothing major.

That was for a total of 9 dents according to his quote.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
And there's me moaning about paying my dent man £20 to do every dent on the car. Note to self, don't!!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
This was the quote I got today;

94F71A9D-2535-415F-B645-9CFB4012C56D-2792-000001E8BCCE4B68_zps3920cda3.jpg

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Great car mate. . Not wanting to hihack your thread but if anyone knows a good pdr/smart repairer guy/gal in or close to Merseyside Cheshire area. . Dont mind anywhere on route to Doncaster as I'm often there visiting in laws.
Please pm me.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
The Rallye looks mint! Really like it on the speedlines.

My mate has a white S2. Its stripped, full cage and buckets, probably weighs as much as a mars bar. Think he has a cammed 16v engine ready to drop in over winter.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Insured this fully today. £250 ish fully comp with greenlight.

Took it out for a drive and almost forgot how bad the brakes were so they're top of the list to do. Also, the fan belt is squeaking like a beatch so will get that changed. Enjoyed the drive though and seemed to pull better then I remember.

The cars booked in for a week on Friday with an ever expanding list of issues;

1) drivers door won't lock
2) airbag light on
3) blowers only work on three
4) horn doesn't work
5) brakes are pants
6) drivers seat has got a mind of its own
7) rear passenger seat belt doesn't retract

Hope to get a number of these issues resolved by then - it's a part of the fun after all.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It's a popular motor.

I'm gonna sort the mechanicals but in two minds whether to spend money on minting up the bodywork.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Well, had a look at the underneath of the car today and looks like its going to need some welding underneath the ecu tray (where they always go) but the rest of the car looks solid!

As I don't know a friendly welder I'm going to smash this on eBay I think and see what happens.

Sorted the short shift issue out today though so the gear change feels a lot better.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
If I was gonna get the money back I probably would keep it mate but at the rates garages charge I'd end up losing money on it which wasn't part of the plan.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
This might be going if the right offer comes on but I thought I'd take the gti spoiler off today as I didn't like the look of it;

CB4E60DF-A724-4E49-9DAF-69DD2692B0F5-3722-00000266487E178C_zps1f8d13e5.jpg

78396E38-1195-4E58-B52D-5B1E3698A939-2728-000001C5C166A4A6_zpsc2f050f0.jpg