ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New S3 (this one is actually a S3)

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
http://www.audizine.com/news/news.php?nid=269&npid=334

34AC2D75-5B66-4B36-875E-74A8244991FA-732-00000084C83943C2_zps1e9699fb.jpg

80E7BFF7-A89C-40B6-8564-A2F8D5B3E6B9-732-00000084CCA65914_zps6f6d584b.jpg

632F3CDB-AB84-4E26-A6B8-83DA54B566E9-732-00000084D08A0A9F_zps67d5f300.jpg

78FDCBC9-D411-4E43-968B-87E4B04DC334-732-00000084D468B2E6_zpse55c51ea.jpg

Don't really like the new shape A3 from the outside but the interior is definitely much nicer is this trim. 300bhp too.

Agree with you on that, looks weird from the outside. Interior looks properly comfy, like most modern Audi's.

Doesn't look very aggressive from the front either.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I like everything, bar the quad exhaust. The sportback looks rather tidy as well IMO.

Never above 25mpg
Now this I'm not a fan of! Think the heater vents are a bit weird in the middle of the dashboard

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Meh, I prefer the older Audi's. I also HATE with a passion flat bottomed steering wheels.

I don't like the newer Audi's purely because there isn't a lot of exterior difference between a standard one and a S/RS spec one.

BMW M135i
Jury's out, still not 100% sure on the front/rear end. Front looks too low, same problem with the current 1/3/5 series. Rear looks like a sportback when it isn't. Interior looks good though.

RS6 C7
I still slightly prefer the old S3 although I'm sure this one is a big improvement all round.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but the A3 looks better as a 4 door car!

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Meh, I prefer the older Audi's. I also HATE with a passion flat bottomed steering wheels.

I don't like the newer Audi's purely because there isn't a lot of exterior difference between a standard one and a S/RS spec one.

One of the favourite things about my car is the flat bottom.
Funnily enough i love how it looks just like the S3.

I still slightly prefer the old S3 although I'm sure this one is a big improvement all round.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this but the A3 looks better as a 4 door car!

Sportback IMO looks much better than the 3door.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm shocked at how much better looking the 8P S3 is.

That has no real sportiness about it, they softened the latest design of the range too much. Still not sure why they continue with all the crap matt Silver trims, rear bumper for example.

RX7 FD
Those seats just oooze sex appeal and the rest of the interior looks quality.

But thats where it ends for me. The rear looks really....sloped. Seems kind of wrong! It doesn't shout at me to come drive it like I stole it. R26.R and Focus RS just look like they want to eat you and cr*p you out, this doesn't.

Old man hot hatch?

An orange one
That leaves me fairly cold, I'm a big fan of the outgoing s3 and rs3 but that simply looks dull

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Dave it's kinda not aimed at those buyers per se so I understand some styling but sadly it doesn't work this time.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just right. Not too shouty from the outside, killer interior. I want one.

An orange one
I also have no doubt that in a year or so time the current s3 will look dated and everyone will like the new one..

Seems to happen with most model changes

Am I the only person who thinks modern audi's look really nice inside and as someone above said comfy but then get in them and are disappointed? I drive an A1 sometimes and think the inside really isn't a nice place to be :(

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
I really really like that I've become a bit of a s3 fan so much so that I took the s3 this morning over the v6 for a blast! That interior is lovely.

Will they make a new rs3 then? I can't wait to see the new tt!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd fall asleep before I'd completed my signature on the order.

Drop the 'S3' badge and blank-over one twin pipe and you'll have 96.2% of the look of an S-Line A3's that will undoubtedly be seen everywhere on our roads.

Audi used to be something special to me - something to really think 'WOW - now that looks smart'. But I couldn't give a flying toss anymore - even at half the price. Built like a tank? Yes. Sell in droves? Yes. Do I want one? Not a chance.

Audi to me these days is like buying a bag of wonderfully hot, crisp chips from a butty van when you're starving. They hit the spot, but within 2 minutes you realise that there's nothing to the substance. And the fatty running the butty van has just charged you £15 for you chips too. Cliched. Boring. Expensive.

D.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The interior looks lovely apart from those seats.

The outside looks good but the exhausts are too ott and the bonnet/lights don't look aggressive enough imo.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
These cars along with golf R's and the likes have totally lost there edge IMO.The looks are OK they are not bold enough anymore however.

It will be nice to drive but the same as the golf R it will look like a kited out TDI

RX7 FD
Dave it's kinda not aimed at those buyers per se so I understand some styling but sadly it doesn't work this time.

This is true pal.

I just think if you are spending that money on a "fast" Audi. You'd like it to shout about it a tad. Otherwise it is just like any other rep-mobile.

I like the new S3 to be honest. A gentleman's hot hatch.

I agree the front could look a tad more aggressive, but spec that in black, and if they do a black grille pack, add that, then I would imagine it would look a fair bit meaner.

The interior I really do like.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Looks like a longer A1.

Not keen on the quad exhausts, i feel as though the RS3 should maybe have had oval/quad exhausts.