ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New set of Contis!

Time to replace both of the front tyres on the 172.

Just going to stick to the standard Continentals that came with the car me thinks.....unless any one has a better idea??

What is the best price some one has paid for these?

Cheers

I hear that Uniroyle Rainsports are supposed to be quite good. All 4 of my Conti;s are shot. You can get these rainsports for just under £50 off Mytyres.net

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Id be interested in the answers you get.

My car (picking up sat) has had 2 new contis fitted to the front, but Ive no idea how long they last???
What kind of miles do peeps get out of the contis on a 172? They heavy tyre users?

ex Clio 172 owner :(

is that mytyres.co.uk any good? toyo proxes 195/45/15 for £46 with delivery inc? sounds ok but they say deliv could be 1 week. I need tyres asap, got the spare on now after I burst one yesterday.

Mine has just hit 22,000 and the front two are just legal. Backs are OK but may swop the lot if I get a good deal.

£50 a tyre seems good for the Uniroyle but what would you normally pay for the Contis??

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Yeah 22,000 is good, but I didnt hang around when I had my 172, hence the 3 sets of fronts in 15K miles!:confused:

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

A lot of folk with CTRs have been slating the F1s due to their soft sidewall affecting the balance of the handling on the CTR. Dont know if it will affect the Cup/172 though?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Blimey, better take out shares in Tyre companies before I get my car if Im anything like Paddy! :)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 04 January 2004

is that mytyres.co.uk any good? toyo proxes 195/45/15 for £46 with delivery inc? sounds ok but they say deliv could be 1 week. I need tyres asap, got the spare on now after I burst one yesterday.
Mu hubby got some 18" tyres for his car through MyTyres and they came from Germany within two days, and they are a very efficient company to deal with.

Ford F-150 5.4 V8

Yeah i gotta flat the other day and was lookin at a full set of toyos from mytyres! Not bad 4 tyres for less than £200!

Thats good! How much do you think a garage would charge to fit them and fit the valves, and balance etc?

Cheers, might just get my local garage to order them in, they dont usually charge for fitting if they supple the tyres (that said the tyres will probably cost more)